cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass changes of Mitigation approver and monitor.

former_member399658
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is there possibility in GRC 10 to do mass changes of mitigating controls? I want to change mitigation monitor and approver for number of mitigating controls.

Regards,

Abhsshek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Abhishek,

No, mass change of mitigation control is not possible. You have to do one-by-one.

You can only change the mitigation assignments with the users in mass. There are reports for that purpose, but that is not your concern.

Regards,

Ameet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I  presume you are referring to a method for the mass maintenance of the control itself.

Whilst there is a program to upload and download  maintain mass control assignments, this does not seem to be the case for when adding new approvers and monitors (or even removing/replacing) within the control definition itself.

What I have done in the past is as follows:

1) Add the new approver and monitor in the required Organisation (ensure they exist in GRC and have the correct ticks in the AC Owners setting).

2) Add the required approver and monitor into the respective controls.

3) Download the control assignments using program GRAC_DOWNLOAD_MIT_ASSIGNMENTS

4) Edit the control assignments (primarily replace the required Old Monitor of the control with the New Monitor).

5) Upload the amended control assignment via program GRAC_UPLOAD_MIT_ASSIGNMENTS

6) Once the Monitor has been replaced in the User/Role assignment definition, you should be free to remove the old monitor form the control definition itself. If any assignment is still using the old Monitor, you will get a error message saying you can not remove the monitor due to being linked to an control assignment.

Refer to the following thread for more information about the programs mentioned