Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Career Guidance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am Raghavendra belong to Hyderabad, right now working in Kolkata in an MNC. I've completed my graduation in 2013. I was recruited by an MNC and trained in Advanced Java Technology but later due to urgent client requirement i was put into a Testing project.

I have a great passion towards SAP(Not because of Money or something else, i'm a genuine passionate).

Firstly i'd like to thank Google and SCN for providing basic knowledge and also giving me the opportunity to interact with experts in SAP.

I am in a confusion of which module to choose in order to start my SAP Journey . I've got many diversified responses when i asked few people working on SAP recently. I want to see myself as a Techno-Functional Consultant rather than just a technical guy. Also not to join the existing crowd of Techies, but want to be in the area where resources for the specific module are less and are really in need. I want to be in a position to provide solutions to the real time business problems through SAP.

So, my first constraint is "Selection of MODULE"...!!

1.ABAP

2.BI/BW with HANA

3.BI/BW with BPC

4.Basis.

Also suggest me on what factors to depend when selecting a specific Module.

My second constraint is Mode of Learning...!!

As of now i'm reading R/3 Handbook(Softcopy). It's really helping me a lot and giving me good knowledge on SAP Architecture and many other concepts.

I know 3 people working in different organizations on different modules(CRM, BASIS and BPC) of SAP and also seeking their guidance every now and then.

Within few days i will gain most of the theoretical concepts of SAP R/3 as a result of reading that book but not "hands-on".

Is going to any Classroom Based training offered by Institute preferable ? or continue with these e-Learning method and later some how manage to gain Hands-on from any known consultant and then move my current job to SAP based job?

Please suggest me.

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

krishna_k19
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu ,

Your passion is good .

SAP ABAP is the basic for Technical Point of view . so better you start with ABAP then after you go for the BI/BW with HANA it's good and you will get some valuable and good knowledge .

@ About Institute : you told , you are from HYD , you can find more online training inst. and people also ,if require they will only install SAP in your PC also include some test data so better you check in HYD .

Regards,

Krishna

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

It is good to see that you want to make your career in SAP. As per your message I understand that you are very passionate towards SAP. However, first choose the module which you wanted to any of them which you mentioned.

1.ABAP

2.BI/BW with HANA

3.BI/BW with BPC

4.Basis.

It would be always help ful the following combination
ABAP, BI and HANA.

It would be beter if you have a handson and you have a tutor.

All the best,

JK

0 Kudos

Thank You for your valuable suggestion Jagadish.

priyanka_kumari23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghvendra,

It is good to see your passion towards SAP. I would say all the stream you mentioned here are good.. And also choosing one is depends on personal choice.

BI/BW with HANA is good because HANA is new so demand will be more.

Along with BI/BW a good knowledge of ABAP is always add on.

Thanks,

Priyanka

0 Kudos

Thanks you so much Priyanka. I belong to Hyderabad but right now working in Kolkata. Right now i'm into Testing, can you please throw some light on my point-When and how to shift my Technology to SAP?

Its been 6 months I've joined my company(MNC), my current company has SAP projects and i tried to make a move internally but it's really tough to get a release from my manager. Keeping this in mind i thought of working here for 2 years, meanwhile gain good amount of knowledge in SAP with hands-on and then move to other company on SAP? To what extent this is suggest-able? Your Opinion matters alot.

Thanks in Advance.

krishna_k19
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu ,

Your passion is good .

SAP ABAP is the basic for Technical Point of view . so better you start with ABAP then after you go for the BI/BW with HANA it's good and you will get some valuable and good knowledge .

@ About Institute : you told , you are from HYD , you can find more online training inst. and people also ,if require they will only install SAP in your PC also include some test data so better you check in HYD .

Regards,

Krishna

0 Kudos

Thanks you so much krishna. I belong to Hyderabad but right now working in Kolkata. Right now i'm into Testing, can you please throw some light on my point-When and how to shift my Technology to SAP?

Its been 6 months I've joined my company(MNC), my current company has SAP projects and i tried to make a move internally but it's really tough to get a release from my manager. Keeping this in mind i thought of working here for 2 years, meanwhile gain good amount of knowledge in SAP with hands-on and then move to other company on SAP? To what extent this is suggest-able? Your Opinion matters alot.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your earlier comments , we are working on JAVA , its easy to gain coding languages like ABAP and business suits like BI / BW & HANA. So when ever you get a time visit some institutes in HYD , so many are now providing online training like it starts from morning 6 AM to night up to 11PM , they will take daily basis on 1hr , those are all working some where and they give and explain working scenario's also.

And my current company has SAP projects : , try to learn and gain some knowledge then shift in your company only it's better , show best performance on your current profile and when ever it come to review meeting you ask your superior , your interests like want to shift SAP & convince them(For this you have work hard and show good performance).

If you are coming out from  existing company with out SAP experience means outside they will treat you as a fresher of SAP , as a fresher to get in into SAP market it is little bit difficult.

Take it positive and go forward.

Regards,

Krishna

0 Kudos

Okay, I will do my best and work hard Krishna.

Thank You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you are interested in techno-functional, its better to choose ABAP with other functional modules like (FICO,SD,MM). Orelse you can choose BI/BO with ABAP.

0 Kudos

Thanks you so much kishore. I belong to Hyderabad but right now working in Kolkata. Right now i'm into Testing, can you please throw some light on my point-When and how to shift my Technology to SAP?

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos

Currently the market is looking for 3+ years of relevant SAP experience. Even if you leave your current company its difficult to get a job outside. As your company already having SAP projects its better to workout internally later some time, once you get learn and certified. Keep focussed on SAP for next two years and in the meanwhile try internally for SAP project.

0 Kudos

Yeah sure SaiKishore, i will surely try for internal change itself.

Thank You.