cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find Employee Search in ESS NWBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all Gurus,

We are using ESS with NWBC in ECC 6.0 EHP6.

In ESS, employee cannot find the Search Option Functionality to find the basic details of other employees. Our Client need this feature as well. How can we do it.?

Pls advice..

Thanks,

Namsheed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

for this u have to create new ivew and paste it in ur launchpad from java version  ...as this is not there in EHP 6 if ur on ESS UI5 version u can see this in ur version with HR RENEWAL FP4 u can see this  search option .....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jwala,

In my case there is no iview & launhpad. We are using PFCG in place of that since we are in NWBC. Please tell me what I need to do with ESS UI5. Is that Business function activation do the purpose.?

Let me know what all I need to do.

Thanks,

Namsheed

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

to get UI5, you need hr renewal add on over ehp6 and then activate business function and use odata/gateway which is required, Check the below link, it has documentation on search functionality in ESS and my blog has all the details for switches, Go through that completly http://help.sap.com/erp_hcm_ias_2013_02/helpdata/en/d4/cd725198e02066e10000000 You cant reuse java search whos who as you don't have portal! and you use NWBC. You cant install java Bps on NWBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Thank you very much for the reply.

The link you given is not working. Please give the correct link.

So after activating HR Renewal add on over ehp6, which business function i need to activate for that..?

so after activating the BF, can I do something via PFCG and add roles to get the "Employee Search".. Also I have no idea on odata.

please guide me how I can get this functionality in ESS.

Thanks,

Namsheed

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

In SFW5,

I cannot find Busniess function HCM_ESS_WDA_3.

Do I want to activate any Add-on for ESS as well.??

so after activating the BF, can I do something via PFCG and add roles to get the "Employee Search"..

please guide me how I can get this functionality in ESS.

Thanks,

Namsheed

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

note you wont find the switch unless you have the SP applied! For installing Hr renewal Just install the correct SP or the add on read here below, admin guide etc is there, but you would need to configure new landing page, odata and requires gateway, it might be lot of work for an application if you are already live anyhow, first understand from here http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/employee-self-service/blog/2014/04/18/hcm-ehp5-ehp6-and-hr-rene...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Our PRD has already gone live but the NWBC & ESS MSS still in realization stage. we are in ECC 6.0 EHP6...

If we need to configure new landing page, odata & gateway..can you give some links on how to do it..

Is it a abap work or Functional..?

Thanks,
namsheed

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

refer the above link I shared it has all the info, and step by step detail along with RKT material. Its mainly functional but does require technical work as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jwala,

Sorry for the late reply.

Our system is in EA-HR 606 Release. and as i told before, we are not using portal.

My requirement is to show other employee details through ESS like (Who s who).

I have an idea, please tell will it work or create any trouble. In PFCG, Using merge function, I copied the Employee information from MSS->Team into ESS under a new folder. So can use this function in place of who is who..

please suggest what i should do.

Thanks,

Namsheed.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

did it work? which iview is this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

if possible screen show the screen how you did ...and how you want to do it .....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jwala & Siddarth,

I couldn't do that with EHP6.

Now I am in EHP 7. I have given the UI 5 roles and it is showing in NWBC.

But when I click on that, it is saying service cannot be reached. Which service I need to activate for that. I have activates all applications in sicf.

Regards,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ensure all SP's   are according to the below link in ur system and u need to have hr renewal FP4 for getting that option , and that can be find in new landing page , refer my above links , if possible can u show ur landing page or home page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jwala,

Now Basis team is activating required prerequisites.

Right now what i have done is , assigned the role SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_UI5_1 to an employee and checked in NWBC

see the screenshots.

Regards,

Namsheed.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Answers (0)