Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User specific logging in issues

clwalker
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We have recently upgraded our Sandpit system to Ehp and NW7.40.

We have come across an issue when logging into the portal which is inconsistent. ie it works for some users but not for others.

We have a UOLAFPdesktop which is assigned to users using the Portal Display Rules Editor and the Master Rule Collection.

However this desktop only appears to load for certain users eg I can assign it to a test user and it works fine, however when I assign it to my user the login screen just hangs and goes no further.

Has anyone else come across this problem and how did they resolve it?

We have tried adding and removing various admin and portal roles to the test user but have not been able to replicate the problem we are having with our own users.

Any help would be gratefully received

Regards

Claire

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

roman_loshevsky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the problem related to custom Desktop and IE browser – check that your custom Desktop contains Browser Document Mode iView

Hope this good blog will help you - http://scn.sap.com/community/enterprise-portal/blog/2014/09/03/ie-and-portal-standardsquirks-mode-ev...

Roman.

clwalker
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Roman, however this is not the cause of our problem in this instance.  Both users who are logging in successfully and not are using the IE and even on the same PC.

Regards

Claire

former_member188487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Claire,

Did you test logging in with your user from another pc?

What is been logged in the default trace when you try to login?

Is the UOLAFP desktop assigned the ajax framework page?

Can you log in with the standard ajax framework assigned to your user?

Thanks and regards,

Lorraine