cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Monitoring Setup - Step 7 Reporting - Extraction Setting Blank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I have problem with configuring web dispatcher monitoring in solman. In step 7 (Reporting) there is no system which wanted to activated.

Managed system configuration is configured well. Please see picture below for details.

Is there missing configuration need i do?

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks & regards,

Husin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Husin,

I have seen the exact circumstances you are encountering.  When setting up our monitoring/reporting, ABAP and JAVA systems allowed for the setup of Reporting via Extractor activation.  On the other hand, Web Dispatcher and TREX systems did not present themselves for activation on the Reporting tab of the Technical Monitoring guided procedure and their reporting status on the Define Scope tab remains grey.  I have not been able to find any documentation from SAP on the SolMan reporting setup for Web Dispatchers, but I believe what you see regarding your Web Dispatcher instance in the Technical Monitoring setup is not out of the ordinary.

Thanks,

Jeff

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

The web dispatcher was installed as standalone system. With yours, Giri and Jeff explanation, i can assume this is solman limitation to provide feature system monitoring instead of ABAP and JAVA system.

Thanks for your all support.

Regards,

Husin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for your references. Currently i'm using the same reference in setup technical monitoring for SAP web dispatcher in solman. But in this step i don't see any system like picture below (screenshot from your reference).

My assumption is the sap web dispatcher is not included in ABAP or Java system type. i have configured for other systems (ABAP and Java) and that's going fine but not for this one.

Is there anything need i check?

Thanks & regards,

Husin

giri_ayyagari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Husin

Have you defined scope in Tech.Monitoring?, please post solman_setup screen also Techmonitoring if you need more help. i can walk you through.

-giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Giri,

Below are screenshot of define scope in technical monitoring:

Setup Monitoring:

Setup Reporting, the problem is here. No system detected in this step.

Is there anything wrong from screenshot above?

Thanks & regards,

Husin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aslim,

SAP web dispatcher is standalone or its instaled on any JAVA system?.If its installed with JAVA system craete "Technical senario " in SOLMAN_SETUP-->Managed system setup,then do managed system setup for crated technical senario.

If it is stand alone then I think Technical monitoring is possible but "Reporting "(step 7) not available for SAP web dispatcher.

Thank

Prakash

giri_ayyagari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Husin

looks good, Have you done managed system setup for this Java system? if you have done you need not activate here since it's already activated during MSC Steps. post details of MSC screen shots if you need further help.

-Giri

Kindly mark Answered if this issue has been resolved, to help others to find right solution...

ruth_reilly
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Husin,

Please see the following link regarding your query:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/269157890/Setup%20System%20Monitoring%20and%20Aler...

Regards

Ruth