cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstalled VS2005 and VS2010, but still 'your solution was created using an older'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had VS2005 installed with Crystal Reports.

I had Visual Studio 2010 installed

In the GAC, there were entries for Crystal 13.0.2000 and for 10.2.3600.0

I completely uninstalled VS2005.

In the GAC then, I now only have entries for Crystal 13.0.2000

To make sure of everything, I uninstalled Crystal Reports again, and installed SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine 13.0.10.1385

Even with all other Crystals definitely out of GAC, I still get the error when loading with VS2012:

"Your solution was created using an older or unknown version of SAP Crystal Reports. Your solution will be converted to using the newer version of SAP crystal Reports for Microsoft Visual Studio"

Even when selecting "Convert the solution", this still occurs. (The solution is in TFS but it did not check out every RPT file)

In the Web.Config, I have ensured that all references are to Crystal 13.0.2000

All efforts have indicated that there are more than one Crystal Versions on my Dev machine, e.g.

and Touch points to eliminate Crystal references from a solution in VS2010https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a3339147-d104-496b-92ab-953093c4f0d3/touch-points-to-...

I have made sure that every single reference in the project is to  Crystal 13.0.2000

I followed this advice:

"

2) download the [Modules|https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006252802008E/modules.zip] utility and see if your project is loading any older versions of CR runtime"

but the helpfile indicates it is to compare 2 different environments - Im not comparing - I'm fixing a single environment and I dont know how to use the tool since I went through the whole list of "All processes" and "All DLLs", but dont see the Crystal DLL's listed there.

I thus have tried all the advice on the net, but still get the error.

How can I identify where Crystal is seeing the other version?

How can I identify which other version Crystal is seeing?

Do I have to go and re-save every single RPT in order to be updated to the new Crystal 13.0.2000?

Is there no log file that SAP writes which shows how Crystal made the decision to show this message, e.g. Conflicting versions found at location A and Location B?

e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\logging

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John

See if Process Monitor logs tell you what dlls are loading from where.

Check the GAC to see if there are any assemblies of version 10.5.x

Create a new test project - three lines of code:

Dim crReportDocument As New CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument

crReportDocument.Load("C:\WindowsApplication5\test.rpt")

CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = crReportDocument

Save the project.

Close it.

Reopen it - do you get the same message as with your original project?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

Process Monitor:

OK went through every single line - can confirm only 13.0.2000.0

GAC:

confirm no any assemblies other than 13.0.2000.0

Test project:

Created the project - it does not give the same message as in original project

What does this mean? Can I go through each report and save it again - would that update the report to the new version?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome, got it now

I would suggest the following for anyone battling:

Use a tool like Ransack, and search all config files for the previous crystal number e.g. 10.2.3600

It is easy to miss one, especially if the item is not an assembly (where the majority off the references are), but in this case it was a handler which was in a related config file

<add name="CrystalImageHandler.aspx_GET" verb="GET" path="CrystalImageHandler.aspx" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalImageHandler, CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=

Answers (0)