cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with derivation in a new lines BEx-query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an issue with derivation in a new lines BEx-query.

I have 2 chars "A" and "B".

I have info-cube with derivation rule "B"->"A".

I have these chars on one aggregation level for input-ready new lines query, and one of them - "А" have restriction in Bex filter ("A" = #).

But when user chooses in this query a value for "B" and transfers values, mistake RSPLS_CR 16 occurs: Characteristic '&1': Old value '&2', new value '&3'.

So derivation between two chars on one aggregation level works, but it shouldn't work.

We installed SAP note 1839592  -  "Derivation in new lines and message RSPLS_CR016", but it doesn't still work.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I don't understand the problem yet.

Having a derivation rule of characteristic B -> A and having both characteristics in the aggregation level there is nothing to derive. If you restrict the characteristic A to a value # (in a filter for example) and use some value b of characteristic B in a new line the system will check the combination (b,#) based on the derivation relation (i.e. the method CHECK of the relation will be called).

So what is the exact combination you enter in the new line and is the relation an exit or one of the standard relations (attribute, hierarchy or DataStore-Object)?

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

I think you understand my problem correctly.

We have both chars in our aggregation level and derivation rule shouldn't be executed, but it is!

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

there is only one special case when DERIVE is called in a new line, i.e. both characteristics B and A are drilled-down in the rows, value b for characteristic B is entered in the new line and the cell for A is left empty. In this case the DERIVE is called to fill the value a for characteristic A.

Message RSPLS_CR016 is used in combination with message RSPLS_CR015; this indicates that you have another relation with target A and this relation overwrites the value a with a new value. This is not allowed (inconsistent relations).

Is one of the characteristics A,B compounded?

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor.

Thank you. That's very strange and nasty, but that's really so. Frankly speaking, I was sure that only prerequisites for derivation is that ALL source chars are in aggr.level and ALL target chars aren't. Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos

Hello Micheal,

I have the exact same issue. I'm not using compounded characteristics. The derive method is triggered only for new lines inserted and the error message it's the same (derive method tries to overwrite the value selected in the filter of the query).

How did you resolved (if you resolved but above all if you remember :D)

Thanks

Regards

Michele

Answers (0)