Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Contra Account has no ttype

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Guru,

I would like to know how to have a default ttype in Conta-account of the asset? Or should it really must have transaction type?

Contra account: Acquisition value posting

This is the contra account for an asset acquisition posting, provided the posting was not an integrated posting with Financial Accounting.

Thanks!

Jhero

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is a standard behaviour, no need to worry.

When you post acquisition, posting key 70 line will have transaction type. But, not the credit line with posting key 50.

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Ravi,

We have this scenario that we need to post an acquisition to an asset from an AUC, however the AUC is already been closed. So the business decided to post direct posting to the fixed asset. CIP acquisitions always have ttypes as it involves assets reconciliation accounts (as you said 70 posting keys).

Now we decided to post an acquisition using ttype 100, however that is the scenario that we have, the contra account does not have the asset ttype.

Thanks!

Jhero

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said, it is the standard behaviour.

You need transaction type only on sub-ledger accounting,but not on GL. It is the reason, you would only find the transaction type on posting key line with 70 but not on the offsetting account line, which is 50.

Hope this makes sense.

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have idea on how to solve this AUC issue I stated above? We are expecting to have a ttype on all the accounts.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may have to create another AUC and settle it to the main asset.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jhero,

From reporting standpoint, you need not have Transaction type assigned to offsetting Account line, as it does be form part of Sub-ledger reporting.

Thanks in Advance.

Pankaj Bansal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jhero,

Write a substitution with condition to GL in Question.

Pankaj B

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Pankaj, So this means that there is no standard way to do this? My other question is, if by SAP standard design the contra account for fixed asset should not have ttype, what is the reason for this?