Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reservation against Maintenance order

kalyan_chakravarthi6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a clinet requirement that, If user reserved a component against a Maintenance Order and the same component reserved for another Order,at the time of releasing of the second order system should give a message saying that this component has reserved for so and so order.

Any body come accross this kind of requirement?Please post your comments or solutions for this scenario.

Thanks,

Best Regards/Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kalyan,

This is a very usual requirement by the users, and often people are surprised why SAP did not provide any standard way of controlling this. Due to some personal problems, I am unable to spend much on the system to work for a solution. But I hope you and your ABAPer will be able to trigger an error pop-up during such situations. This code in this document can become a base for buildng your logic. .

The logic

You need to retrieve the reserved but not withdrawn (BDMNG - ENMNG) quantity of the component in the particular Storage location (LGORT) from table RESB, subtract this from the present stock of this component in that Storage Location from table MARD. If currently Reserving Quantity of this component in this particular Storage Location exceeds the above figure, your error pop-up triggers.

Say QTY1 is Reserved but not withdrawn. Then QTY1 = RESB-BDMNG - RESB-ENMNG.

Say QTY2 is present stock. Then QTY2 = MARD-LABST.

Say QTY3 is the Quantity currently you are reserving , then QTY3 will be retrieved using the code in the document.

Now, error message would trigger if QTY1-QTY2 < QTY3.

This is basic guideline for working on the requirement. Best of luck. (Though this requirement is there at my place, we did not go for it, because of our some local constraints)

KJogeswaraRao

kalyan_chakravarthi6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Sir for your reply and useful inputs on the requirement.I will work on this and once I get the complete solution I will share with our scn mates.

Once again Thanks

Best Regards

Kalyan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

I guess you can use User Exits that trigger at Release or Save event...

Hope it will help you.

Best regards,

Anton