Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Developments from NW 7.01 to ERP 6.X

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts.

The situation is as follows.

We need to transport all Z developments from a NW 7.01 to an ERP based on NW 7.31 i guess is 6.6

I'm thinking about installing an ERP based on netweaver 7.01, put all the components on the same version as the source system and transporting all the developments manually using de co-files.

I have some questions about this.

• can this be done?
  • how can i obtain all the co-files from the transport orders?
  • which considerations should i take about the process?

Is there another way to migrate the sistem from simple NW to ERP?

Extra info:

Source system (NW) has the following addons installed

• SAP_BS_FND
    • WEBCIUF
    • BI_CONT
    • ERECRUIT
    • ST-A/PI

Please let me know is you need any other detail.

Thank you!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Cross version (701 / 731) & cross application (NW/ECC) transports are not recommended, and maybe not supported even...

On a technical point of view it might be possible, but you must be sure that your specific programs does not call SAP standard prog/functions... because the function/prog usage / parameters might have change across SAP versions.

The best and safer safer practice would be to manually recreate your developments.

If you really want to play with it :

transport order CE1K9000199 will generate

/usr/sap/trans/cofiles/K9000199.CE1

/usr/sap/trans/data/R9000199.CE1

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I plan to install an ERP based on NW 7.01, and merge both systems to the same support package level, it would work that way?

Also, is there a way to install all the addons for Netweaver so it becomes an ERP or have the same functionalities? if that works, would i be able to update it like an ERP let's say to ERP 6 EHP 7??

Thank you for your answer btw

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Leonardo,

It is not possible to turn an NW system into an ECC, ECC is not delivered as a NW add-on.

If you have an ECC system with the same NW version transport could be done in a safer way.

Do you perform that much of coding that a manual recreation on a new system is not an option ?

If you've got a sandbox system you could try transporting (using a transport of type transport of copy => http://scn.sap.com/people/rajiv.jha/blog/2010/08/12/transport-of-copies-toc-small-yet-powerful-conce... ) and see how your code behaves.

Regards

Answers (0)