Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bihost:8080/BOE/BI is not available

marcus_schiffer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a HANA trial solution of type "SAP ERP foundation Extension" on AWS . I see two instances running but the URL to the BIHOST is not working. The browser shows a "webpage not available".

Any suggestions ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marcus_schiffer
Active Participant

Hello Hannes,

thanks for the feedback. I am not a Linux expert.  Except there is a detailled "How To" for solving the issue I'd rather wait for a new image and redeploy the solution..

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

out of curiosity, I tried to simulate the issue because I experienced it myself last week.

So I went into CAL and started an instance of "SAP ERP Foundation Extension powered by SAP HANA - Fully Activated Appliance Landscape Trial", waited 40 minutes until it was up and running. After clicking the "connect" button and choosing the http/8080 access point, I was actually forwarded to the logon screen of the BI Launchpad. It worked !

It appears that this is magically working now for me. Would you be able to check if it works for you too? One remark, please check if your version of the appliance is "Update: 27 (Oct 28, 2014, 7:11:55 AM)". You can check that when clicking on the name of the solution in the SOLUTIONS tab. If you have an older version, simply deactivate and activate it again, which will push the latest version into your AWS account.

Regards,

Hannes

marcus_schiffer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hannes,

I created a new instance Oct. 28th. The solution however has only "Update 26".

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

if you haven't done so, please try again with the latest update of the solution. It is currently Update: 29.

Regards,

Hannes

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marcus_schiffer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Created a new instance with update 29. Now it works

marcus_schiffer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Checked Version, which is 25. Rebooted, but still I get no Connection to the BI Launchpad.

Ane suggestions ?

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

thanks for reporting, the team is currently looking into this. So far we cannot give an estimate when it will be resolved.

If you are technically fit (Linux), then you can try to solve the issue yourself. We suspect the firewall to be the culprit, so you have to logon with ssh to the BOBJ box and check & disable the iptables rules. There is still the AWS firewall up and running, so the system is still secure.

Regards,

Hannes