cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging Payroll schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am not getting how to debug the Payroll schema, The standard process of /h debugger, I am not able to make any sense as this takes me to standard driver program and then it's like a big  ocean. I know where in Schema the calculation goes wrong but how to put a break point there, I tried putting function BREAK in schema but was unsuccessful in that as it was expecting parameter to enter. Appreciate, If someone please help me, I want to urgently solve few things and not able to figure how to do it ..

Thanks

Moh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JohnWick
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder

Take a look to this threat:

´Debugging the Payroll Schema - ERP Human Capital Management - SCN Wiki

Manuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manuel,

I have been thorugh this but unfortunately, I could just make sense till setting the value as AB4.. I need more basic level of help. I am new to debugging.  Again thanks for stopping by and helping me ...

Cheers

Mohinder

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Actually I wanted to debug the PCR and schema at code level not at the Log table level.

Regards

Mohinder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mohinder,

Simplest way to have look at executed part of PCR is to double click on the PCR in the payroll log (as shown above).

It will display the PCR as PE04 and show the executed portion/branches in green.

Here, you will understand how exactly the execution went with provided data.

Hope this helps,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting same reference be it SAP Note 1818219 - Debugging the payroll Schema or the link Manuel Provided. Can someone please give me more basic details... For Eg: I want to debug the X010 PCR. I put the break just before this PCR in Schema. Now when  I run the payroll again I do get into the code and I am lost. Can someone guide me through the baby steps, what Shall I do here.

Regards

Mohinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

Suppose you want to debugg the function PRPRI, goto Tcode PE04 give this function and click on the source code button, now place the break point there then run the payroll driver program in new session. This exceution of the payroll driver program will trigger the PRPRI function.

Regards,

Pardha.

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try a Payroll Simulation with the "Display log" box checked?

Open the log and drill down to PCR X010 (by selecting the folders, one at a time)

Once you see X010  (our version is ZX10), double clic on the Function PIT, on the PCR X010 or on the parameter P01 associated to the function and you will be able to see the Input Table, the processing in the PCR, and the Output

If you want to learn more about processing within a Function, or about an Operation used within a PCR, use t-code pe04 as suggested by Pharda.

If you want to learn more about the PCR, use t-code pe02.

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try executing a Payroll Simulation, for one employee, with the "Display log" box checked.

Once you have the log on-screen, drill down into it by selecting the folders one at a time to open them up.

P.S. : This should allow you to drill down to the Function or PCR you want to check, and to look at it's input, processing and output.

jayantvenkata
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mohinder

the KBA Note number 1818219 - Debugging the payroll Schema will provide you the required information.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am able to apply BREAK in SCHEMA but still if some one can help me  understand how to debug X010 and X013  in code..

Thnks

Mohinder

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.