cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Assemblies to an Equipment and Select Assemblies from equipment in Orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I want to create a model in SAP PM where you can have/assign several assemblies to an equipment.

I know that to create assemblies is in MM01 with type IBAU. After it should be assigned in the equipment BOM the respective assemblies with type I (PM structure element)

Questions:

1 - How in the work orders/notifications/plans should I select only the respective assemblies from the selected equipment? (The search help of assemblies are generic of materials and don't have any relation to equipment)

2 - In maintenance plans, in the task list selection, the system automatically fills the functional location and equipment for the task list selection. Any reason not to fill the assembly?

Please help me here.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro

You can alternatively use MMP1 to create maintenance assemblies, which is used only for this creation purpose.

Assembly is a combination of equipment, this type of material has no purchase or valuation information and is not linked to a plant . In other words it doesn't really exist.  The concept of a maintenance assembly is a collection of parts that cannot be purchased as a single entity.  In other words, if the motor you see can be fixed then it's probably a BOM (aka, an assembly) and if the motor itself can be purchased as a spare part then the whole "assembly" is a normal material BOM.  If the motor cannot be purchased then it would be a maintenance assembly - a collection of parts that can be fixed but not purchased nor replaced as a single, complete entity.

Maintaining assembly in work order, is like doing maintenance for a particular part in a huge equipment. If you have a diesel generator, you can have multiple assembly within that like Cylinder Header / Piston and Connecting rods etc.

In Maintenance plan / Task list, you need to import the Assembly, since this is not like Equipment and Functional one to one relationship.

If you maintain the assembly in General Task list, you will be able to get the list of Task list assigned for the equipment which has the assembly updated. Hope you got this.

Thanks

Terence

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

1 - How in the work orders/notifications/plans should I select only the respective assemblies from the selected equipment? (The search help of assemblies are generic of materials and don't have any relation to equipment)

Answer:Assemblies are not plant-specific.  They are considered design/phantom/grouping type of materials.  They aren't physical materials but rather a grouping of physical materials.create an equipment BOM where you would add your IBAU as a component of that equipment BOM.  Since maintenance assemblies (aka IBAUs) are not plant-specific you must add the IBAU to the equipment BOM as a PM Structure Element (BOM Item Category of "I").

Br

Rakesh