cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding the SAP Dashboard Version compatibility.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question in SAP Dashboards 4.1.

Actually i have developed a Dashboard with multiple tabs and different graph components in each tab in it  using Dashboards 4.0 version.

I have developed a Webi report and published the data into it as a Web Service.this Web service has been used using the Data connections in Dashboard to pull the data and map it to Graph components.

Then the BO Client tools have benn upgraded to 4.1 first and then the BO Server has been upgraded to BO 4.1

So now when i tried to preview the dashboard in 4.1 i could not see any data in the dashboard.

Can any body help me how to fix the version compatibility issue in the Dashboard.

It is a bit urgent. so if any body knows the resolution on this please do the needful ASAP.

Thanking you,

Regards,

Naga Nanda Kishore.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Web services are hosted on the application server. When you upgrade BO to greater service pack, there are chances that the web services go disappeared(clearing data on the application server). Please confirm this once with your BO admin if he has taken back up of services provided by dswsbobje.

It's always recommended that you take a backup of these web services before you upgrade to any service back. Later on, you may restore them to get it worked with dashboards.

Currently, all you need to do to verify that the web services still reside on the server is pull the URL of webservices and run them in browser and check if you get any relevant response.

After this goes well, you need to perform steps which Noopur has mentioned.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

When upgrading the dashboards and BO . It is recommended that the Dashboard and BO server should be of the same version.

After the upgrading the Dashboards, there should not any problem if the queries are working fine in the upgraded version.

-I would suggest first confirm the refresh option for the connections in the dashboard.Check whether the appropriate option is checked.

Also what you could do is validate the web service craeted in the Webi rich client.

Test the web services in the Webi, confirm if you get the result there.

Another test you could try is take a snapshot of the result.

This you could achieve by previewing the dashboard in the Dashboard Designer.

In the file there is an option as Snapshot-> current excel.

Check if it resturns any data.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Noopur