Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample-drawing procedure: user-defined formula, nested parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, experts

We faced one situation,use sample-drawing procedure:

IF P2<= 3 THEN P2 ELSEIF P2 <=300 THEN  ROUND(SQRT(P2)+1) ELSE ROUND(SQRT(P2)/2+1)

The formula was too long beyond 60 chars. So I was try to use user-defined formula, such as:

But another question appeared:

When I used TFKT:ZC() or TFKT:ZD() which used nested parameters, it couldnot correctly calculate the physical sample.

Was I make some error for ZC/ZD?

Any advice will be helpful!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like you'll have to build a sampling scheme for this.

I did that fo SQRT(N) +1 once for a sampling procedure.

It's not too bad.  I used Excel to figure the calculations out and then was able to combine lines.  Then I basically built the entries in Excel as they are in SAP and was able to copy and paste most of the data into the scheme.

I think it wound up to be about 90 lines or so for up to a sample size of 10,000.   Not fun, but you only have to do it once, (in each client!).

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have resolve this question. The formula was with syntax error.

The correct formula is like below,

in the sample-drawing procedure, the formula should be defined like this

IF P1<=3 THEN P1 ELSE TFKT:Z1(P1)

In the user-defined procedure is " IF #1<=300 THEN (SQRT(#1)+1) ELSE ROUND(SQRT(#1)/2+1)"

0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

I have a similar requirement as above. I searched for some existing threads and I found your suggestion.

I have a question regarding building up the sampling scheme as you suggested, because in my case the quantity of the pallet/container size varies for every material

For example:

Material A: 1 Container = 132 PC

Material B: 1 Container = 1600 PC

Material C: 1 Container = 3000 PC

Sample Drawing procedure:

1 to 2 pallet Sampling Quantity = 10

3 to 5 pallet Sampling Quantity = 20

6 to 20 Pallet Sampling Quantity = 30

>20 Pallet Sampling Quantity = 40

In such case how to create the sampling scheme, because it is difficult to create sampling scheme for every material.Please give your suggestions.

Best Regards

Hari

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its not clear in your example what the relationship is between pallet and container.

In your shipment, you have two values it appears to work with. 1) the number of PC's. 2) the number of pallets.

What you don't indicate is how these containers relate to a pallet.

If one pallet of material A has 20 containers and hence, 2640 PC are you sampling 10?

If one pallet of material B has 10 containers and hence 16,000 PC are you also sampling only 10?

Both are only one pallet. This doesn't sound right.

Typically you set up a sampling procedure for each UOM used by receipting. I.e. usually this would be by case, box, etc...

The above is easy of you truly sample by pallet. But I suspect you don't.

Which means you really need to set up your sampling scheme on either eaches or case, or box or whatever your sampling is truly done for.

Craig

0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

Sorry. It is my mistake to mention as container, we receive the materials in pallets and do the sampling in PC's. No containers in this case.

Material A: 1 Pallet= 132 PC

Material B: 1 Pallet= 1600 PC

Material C: 1 Pallet= 3000 PC

Sample Drawing procedure:

1 to 2 pallet Sampling Quantity = 10

3 to 5 pallet Sampling Quantity = 20

6 to 20 Pallet Sampling Quantity = 30

>20 Pallet Sampling Quantity = 40

For the above case:

When we receive material A with 5 Pallets (Total Quantity 132*5 = 660 PC) then the sampling should be 20 PC

When we receive material B with10 Pallets (Total Quantity 1600*10= 16000 PC) then the sampling should be 30 PC.

So the sampling size needs to be calculated based on the number of pallets. Which type of sampling scheme do you suggest.

Thank you very much

Best Regards

Hari

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is fairly simple then.

Your sampling procedure scheme should be for pallets.

Your materials should have a defined conversion of pcs to pallets.

Answers (0)