Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alabaster rule for GB payroll - Pay Rate change during Maternity AWE

GirieshM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently the system is configured in such a way that the 6 weeks SMP upper rate has to be paid and 33 weeks SMP lower rate to be paid during maternity pay. The Average is calculated based on the 2 periods prior to the qualifying week and it is working fine. But we came across a scenario that if the employee pay rate is changed just before the maternity, the average has to be adjusted based on the new pay rate change. But the system currently brings the Average of Old pay rate. I hope it can be solved using configuration, I was not successful to find any relevant documents in SCN. Can anyone throw some flash on it ?

With Regards,

Giriesh M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GirieshM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any Updates ?

With Regards,

Giriesh M

jayantvenkata
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

As standard /211 is updated for pay increases i.e. to put money where it was earnt rather than where it was paid so 'normal' back dated pay awards are catered for.

However, as outlined at the payroll SIG meetings earlier, SAP will not be delivering any code changes to re-evaluate the SMP in line with the Alabastar ruling. As you know Alabaster takes the whole thing a step further and says that an employee on maternity leave (not in pay) should have the benefit of the pay award for any pay award whilst they are off even if the SMP is paid for a period before the effective date of the pay award. We will not be catering for this scenario and we have asked
customers to do the calculations and use the SMP average over-ride wage type AWEM for the corrected average value.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Ramana

GirieshM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayanti,

Sorry for the late respond. We have also suggested the same to use AWEA in infotype 14 to the customer as alternative solution but they want this to be achieved without manual intervention. In SAP documentation it is provided that it can be achieved by Adjustment Rule.

• Adjustment rule
  • You specify how average bases that are to be included in the calculation of averages are to be adjusted retroactively - this procedure usually applies to a pay increase.

But I am not sure how to do this. Do you have any suggestion ?

With Regards,

Giriesh Chakaravarthy M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

Is there any update on the Alabaster rule. Does SAP provide in standard for pay increases (in the period maternity starts) to be considered in recalculating SMP ?

Regards

Venu