SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When i tried to create a device in utilities it is showing error as no internal number defined for eqiupment category

Former Member
0 Kudos

No internal number range defined for equipment category

Message no. IS036

Diagnosis

You are trying to create an equipment with internal number assignment.

The equipment category is not assigned to an internal number range.

Procedure

Please assign an internal number range to the equipment category using Customizing - Plant maintenance - Technical objects - Equipment - Equipment categories - Number ranges.

6 REPLIES 6

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Karthick:

the message provides the solution.  You can expand the message and find the steps to correct the problem.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi

Mr.Eastman,

This is the Number Range Interval Screenshot. Could you check and Reply what is the Error.

Thanks,

Karthick.

0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

What number are you trying to give there? I think it will take something like 10000010 ( as per the first line item of your screenshot ).

Regards,

Devashish

0 Kudos

HI Devashish,

When I tried to give serial Number as you Mentioned 10000010 it is showing error as "No External Number Defined for Equipment Category".

When i tried to just click the enter button without giving any Serial Number it is Showing Error as "No Internal Number Range defined For Equipment Category".

0 Kudos

Karthick:

The message tells you what to do.  You need to assign the number range to the equipment category. The message tells you where to go to do this.  Following the message details will solve your problem.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

What number range do you want to use?

I think you need to change the customization of number range as per your screenshot.

The first line item should have 'Ext' checked, which seems to be missing.

Regards,

Devashish