cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Experts

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using PPDS .I have a situation where my production order due date is showing 10/27 when all my components are available on 10/20 ( I checked this under context view ). What could be the reason for the production order showing a later date. Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Ganpath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganpath,

The fact that you have all yoru components available does not mean that you have to start your production. The production date will be determined according to your demand and safety stock levels.. and then it could be rescheduled.. but the production is not move forward in case all your components are available.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response

The sales order to the customer is due on 10/23.Since all the components are available and there is no capacity constraint, the production could have started and finished before 10/23, however, the availability date in rrp3 is showing as 10/27

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ganpath,

Try to move the order manually in RRP3 to Oct 23rd to check if you receive a message..

You should have capacity resrictions (check you resource availability and calendars).

Check all what was mentioned by the expert Marius.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for all your help. Our resource is unconstrained. I will try to move the order on the DS board and see the result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganpath,

Also you can check in MD04 (ECC system) the order report for elements.

You have to select the pl.order and then on the bottom of your screen press Order Report for elements (the 4th button from left to right). You will have a report of all availability date of the components. Maybe you have shortage at components level that are PD -  MRP type (so they are not on APO side and are planned by ECC system). 

Thanks.

Regards, Marius

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ganpath,

Please check on ECC side at material master level, tab MRP 2, section Scheduling, what are your in-house production time, goods receipt processing time and Scheduling Margin key for floats (the floats have to be 000).

If you are working with shelf life check on the APO side, tab Properties what is shelf life time.

Also check the start/end date of the order. Maybe the capacity consumption of the work center is not realistic. Check in the PDS if you have the correct setup/production times!

Thanks. 

Regards, Marius