cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS AND MSS BP SAP Netweaver 7.3 ehp1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question, i want to implement ESS and MSS on my new portal 7.3 EHP1 with backend ERP 6.0 EHP 6, i think on my backend system everthing is done and on my portal will implement with SUM the next BP

BP MSS ADDON 1.0

BP ERP ESSWDA 1.50

BP ERP05 ESS 1.41

BP ERP05 MSS 1.51

BP ERP05 COMMON PARTS 1.61

I just need the above BP or  i have to deploy this packages too:

1. SAP ESS 633

2. SAP MSS 630

3. SAP PGUI GP 633

what BP exactly i have to deploy and in what order?

Please please help.  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

If you want to implement ESS / MSS functionality based on WD ABAP, you have to deploy the below BPs:

1. BP MSS ADDON 1.0

2. BP ERP ESSWDA 1.50

3. BP ERP05 COMMON PARTS 1.61

If you want to implement ESS / MSS functionality based on WD JAVA, you have to deploy the below BPs:

1. SAP ESS 633

2. SAP MSS 630

3. SAP PGUI GP 633

If you want to have to implement ESS / MSS functionality using both WD JAVA and ABAP based applications, then you will have to deploy both kinds of BPs:

1. BP MSS ADDON 1.0

2. BP ERP ESSWDA 1.50

3. BP ERP05 COMMON PARTS 1.61

4. SAP ESS 633

5. SAP MSS 630

6. SAP PGUI GP 633

There is no order for deployment of the above Business Packages.

Hope this helps!!!

BR,

Anurag

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Anurag.

Now i have other problem, I configured the SSO but when I use some tab of MSS and ESS, ask for user and password, why this happend? something missing on my SSO configuration, please help.

former_member186587
Participant
0 Kudos

Make sure you have defined System Alias of "SAP_ECC_HumanResources" for your ERP System. If its dfined then SSO is not configured properly.

Bhavin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavin, My System Alias es correct, i dont know what is the problem, but i think when i clic on this tab "ESS" the system call the url http://hostname:50000//sap/bc/webdynpro/sap and dont send any user data from SSO.

former_member184059
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,
Please check whether SSO is properly established or not?
Check SAP KBA# 1903560.

Best Regards
Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I going to try, for sap GUI html i have to do other SSO configuration? because when i go to SAP Portal - System Administration – Support- Application Integration and Session Management- Test and Configuration tools - transaction - SAP GUI HTML display the logon screen, and for SAP GUI windows and java works fine and dont appear logon screen.

former_member186587
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

Make sure your ITS Settings are correct. Second make sure you have activated "/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui" in backend ERP System.

Bhavin

Former Member
0 Kudos

ITS settings is http://hostname:port//sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui, and the service in SICF are active, why for SAP GUI works and for SAP GUI HTML dont work?

Help please.

former_member186587
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP GUI for Windows uses your localy installed SAP GUI on your workstation. Message server detail string is passed from your Portals System Object along with your SSO Ticket. It uses "Connector" details to make call to backend system. While SAP GUI for HTML uses your ITS/WAS Details and makes use of SICF servce of your backend system.

I think you might already have tried but bjust want to make sure its clean test. You may want toclear browser cache, close browser and just one one browser and test. You can use HTTPWatch tool to capture trace while will give you more details logs.

1816543 - How to create HttpWatch trace to troubleshoot ITS related
problem

Bhavin

former_member186587
Participant
0 Kudos