cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic inter-company postings

moazzammubarak
Participant

Hi experts

I have a question regarding cross company code postings. I am aware of the following steps to be performed to configure cross company codes postings in FI:

1. The document being used should be activated for inter-company postings (OBA7)

2. GL or customer/ vendor accounts should be created in cross company codes

3. Cross-company code transactions should be enabled among those companies by defining posting rules (OBYA)

4. Necessary configuration for manual postings (OB60) or automatic postings (FBZP) has to be done.

After doing that configuration I have entered some inter-company transactions which are apparently working fine when I enter postings for different companies in a single document and cross-company document are created. However, the system is not creating cross-company document in the other company if I enter items relating to one one company code in a document.

For example, if in my company I book a receivable from the other group company by debiting that company as my customer (customer code already created in my company and my company already created as vendor in that company during my above config steps) and credit a revenue item, entry is posted in my company successfully but simultaneous entry not automatically created in that other company. Of course cross-company document is also not being created.

I want to know whether automatic cross-company document should be created in this scenario and corresponding document should be created in that other company or not. I understand that cross-company functionality is meant for this purpose i.e. to save time in manually creating corresponding document in the other company.

Any help/ guidance would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190652
Contributor

Hi Moazzam Mubarak,

Cross company document will be created and document gets posted in the other group company only if you specify the other company code in the line item of the journal.  Then only cross company code document gets posted and relevant journal entry per your settings of OBYA will get posted in the other group company.

If you just specify the customer / vendor (referring to group company) in debit line item and credit the revenue account, it will get posted only in your posting company code.  It will not get posted automatically in the other trading company.

Regards,

Sridhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cross company postings will happen on below situations:

1. If you make a payment on behalf of another co.code. The entry will be

Bank A/c Cr - (paying co.code)

Vendor A/c Dr (Inter company vendor) - here you have to input the inter company vendor & its code. Then only it will automatically create a cross company postings.

2. If you receive a payment on behalf of another co.code. The entry will be

Bank A/c Dr (Receiving co.)

Customer A/c Cr (inter co.customer) - here you have to input the inter co.customer & its code. Then only it will generate cross co.postings.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

check under master data under control tab and account control if the corresponding customer/vendor  account has been maintained

thanks,

Dipan

moazzammubarak
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dipan

Thanks for your response. Could you further elaborate your response as to where do I look for that.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It would be under the customer fd02 and vendor fk02 master. general data-->control-->account control

moazzammubarak
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes in some companies in question it is mentioned. Can there be any other reason apart from that?