cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procured materials not on time (Schedule Margin key issue)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Material XYZ (Proc type E), IHPT=10, GR=3, TRLT=30

Material ABC (Proc type F), PDT=10, GR=3, TRLT=0

Schedule Margin key 001 = 10, 1, 2, 5 (Open, Float After, Float Before, Release) - for both materials.

BOM level

Plnd Open date

Release date

Basic start date

Scheduled start date

Scheduled finish date

Basic finish date

Mat Avail date

SO Conf Sched date

Assembly (proc E)

11/24

12/05

12/11

12/12

12/13

12/16

12/19

12/22

Component (proc F)

11/11

11/25

11/25

11/25

12/09

12/09

12/12

If you observe - system proposed a scheduled release date of 12/05th on the production order. But I'll never be able to release due to parts missing.

I can only release on 12/12th - that's when parts will arrive.

The system is taking Production order scheduled start date and back ward scheduling the purchase order. I need the components before I release the production order, not at the time of production start.

What should be my seeting? How should I schedule this?

Please help me.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you want to buy your components before the production start date, you can use Safety Time (MRP2 view of the material Master).

Safety time (in workdays)

In this field, you define the number of workdays for the safety time/actual range of coverage.

If you define a safety time, the requirements in MRP are brought forward on the time axis by the number of workdays you define here.

This does not change the actual requirements dates. However, as the requirements have technically been brought forward, receipts  are created for the earlier dates in MRP.

Note that you need to maintain both fields: Safety time ind. & Safety time/act.cov.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

BOM level

Plnd Open date

Release date

Basic start date

Scheduled start date

Scheduled finish date

Basic finish date

Mat Avail date

SO Conf Sched date

Assembly (proc E)

11/24

12/05

12/11

12/12

12/13

12/16

12/19

12/22

Component (proc F)

11/06

11/20

11/20

11/20

12/01

12/01

12/04

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your valuable input.

Safety time factor did work.

The component is available on 12/04th. One day before the production order release date.

Thank you Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

As KK said, in standard SAP, system does not pick the buffer times like planned start or release date as a demand date for its components and sub-assemblies. The actual start date of the higher level order becomes as a demand date for its component and sub-assemblies, this you can observe in stock/requirement list, that for material ABC, MRP would have generated a dependant requirement on 12/12 and not on 12/05. So based on this dependent requirement date, the planned order or PR for the sub-assemblies and components are schedulued according to the SMK defined for that particcular material.

Also the best solution for your requirement would be is to use the safety time indicator and days as suggested by mariano. As your release time in SMK for assembly material is 5 days, you can have safety time of 5 days in the component XYZ as well, so the requirement would be brought forward technically to 12/04.

Could you please test this setting and post the reult as well.

Regards,

Chinna

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praneeth,

Ideally stock should be available during order scheduled start date only that is the reason in your case PO finish date is 12/09 + 3 Days GR processing time = Your order start date 12/12 this is how standard SAP works.

BR
KK