cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validate MD property value when saving in BPC 10NW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Our client has a special need to validate the length of the values being input when saving/updating a particular dimension property. I was wondering if anyone can advise on how to approach this. Thanks in advance,

Coomar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Coomar,

If the client is using master data on the fly approach then it can be done within badi...

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

The idea is to flag for error (and not save) if the new/updated value for the dimension property are more than, say, one character even though the length of the property is more than that. The client does not want to delete the old property and create a new one of shorter length (one character in this instance) and copy values from old property into the new one before deleting the old one since this would involve lot of regression testing as this property is being used extensively in multiple places in the logic scripts and reporting.

Is there a simpler way to achieve this that would be more cost effective and better than recommended approach for changing/contracting the property length?

Will appreciate your input.

Thanks.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think there is a simple way - the other approach is to change BPC internal code using enhancement... Also not perfect solution!

There is UJE_DIM_PROCESSED_BADI - but it's not documented...

Vadim

sap_user62
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Is your master data updated from BW or Flat file or on the fly

2. If a property ( say isintercompany) of a dimension(say company code) has length 3, but is always updated as Y or N, how could you check if instead of Y, its incorrectly updated as N as both have the same length.

3. I feel that any new master data or change of data has to be approved and manually cross checked in the system after loaded, unless hundred's of master data updated everyday.

Thanks

Ed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vadim.

From what I understand  UJE_DIM_PROCESSED_BADI is used typically for DAP master data update but that is not to say it can't be used for my purpose. We will have to figure out if we do want to go that route (programmatically)..

Ed:

The property I am referring to is not coming over from BW or created from MD on the Fly. It is a BPC specific property which was orginally created with certain length but since reducing the length of a property in its structure  is not an option, I was hoping for simpler fix technically or from people's experience.

Thanks for responding.

sap_user62
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sure Coomar.

I have seen one suggestion in idea place for Admin UI dimension/Property Validation.

Its still in submitted state.

ADMIN UI - Dimension/Property Validation : View Idea

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Coomar,

UJE_DIM_PROCESSED_BADI is not very useful in this case.

Result - you don't have simple options. Enhancement or changing master data using master data on the fly...

Vadim