Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM Follow up actions for tasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings QM Gurus,

I would like some expert advise please!

Ok, I have activated the standard workflow template WS 200063 - Task created.

I then assigned tasks to my notification and release them, bingo they appear in my sap inbox for approval.

Here is my dilemma - I can approve the workflow direct from my inbox, but the follow-up function doesn't do anything!

I'm using the SAP catalogue for task QM-G2  option and create return delivery - which is sap standard I believe.

Can follow-up actions be carried out direct from the sap inbox or do you have manual goto the notification and use the action-box?

As always guys thanks in advance for you help!

Regards

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

Follow-up functions are used to help in processing the notification.

In notification tasks, when you define follow-up functions, the system document them in activities or as tasks. There are some functions that needs to be executed independently from notification and there are others that wil be represented in action box. In this case, user has to enter to notification in change mode and click on the appropriate action in action box.

Best Regards,

Ayoub.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ayoub,

First thanks for the feedback.

Can elaborate a little more how follow-up functions work please?

My understanding is limited, but I believe from what I have read

"You can define one or more follow-up actions for a notification task. These follow-up actions are automatically executed by the system after you have processed and saved the notification"

I assigned the task "Create return delivery" which has the follow-up action "Delivery" in SPRO it has been assigned to the function module QMLR_CREATE_RETURN_ORDER_FA.

The task appears in my workflow, from here I can validate the task but the follow up action linked to to the FM QMLR_CREATE_RETURN_ORDER_FA - doesn't do anything?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Paul

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

My understanding is when the task appears in your workflow is to inform you that you need to do it. It will be then available in notification action box. But you still need to go and click the line in action box.

Regards,

Ayoub.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have created a copy of the standard notification type Q2 and activated the workflow type WS 00200063 - (TASK CREATED). When the coordination assigns tasks i.e. (create outbound del) this appears in the users inbox workflow. The actor can process the task from here, but still needs to navigate back to the notification via tcode QM02  and click on the create outbound del icon.

Can you link the creation of the task direct from the workflow approval?

When you create notification type Q2 and process the task from the workflow the action box appears with the task - where does this get customized plz?

Thanks for the help

Regards

Paul