cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP gets hang after a short work period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing extreme hang after i tried to upgrade Basis package version 731 release 2 to 3( in-order to gain Web Dynpro as per sapnote),but unfortunately  end up with an error at CHECK_INACTIVE_OBJECT phase and i activated the inactive required object.After that becasuse loss of our users data we postponed the up gradation,Actually i have following doubts

1.Is there any chance to loss data from database because of failed upgardation?

If so Please  help me to regain stability.

Awaiting your earliest replys...

REGARDS.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

is this you performing on PRD then you have to take offline backup first

all user related data also you have to backup through SCC8 SAP_USER

you can revert at any point of time

as you said you user data

as per my knowledge no data will be loss you can empty your OCS_QUEUE and again you can start you spam update but follow above steps take proper backup

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear Moideem,

Thanks for your advise,Yes we using PRD system but i don't want mess with users again.So apart from Restart upgrade is there any other solution?Is there any relation of lossing data and SAP_BASIS version release upgrade? As i mentioned in my question all these upgrade was for "Dynpro not found" issue while backing up database db13.

Awaiting for your reply .

Thanks and regards.

Anoop

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It depends on what you have tried to do with the failed step while upgrading.

The phase CHECK_INACTIVE_OBJECT will not result in loss of data. It lists the inactive objects and asking you to activate them.

If the system performance is badly affected then you should check the system to identify where the problem is. I would start investigating the OS performance and then the DB. Are you using SUM to do the patching ?

Cheers

Reagan

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

Please check these sap notes.

1853036 - Error SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC in phase CHECK_INACT_OBJECT

1882203 - SPAM : CHECK_INACT_OBJECTS error Inactive Objects

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear jamil,

I have already done almost everything mentioned the sapnote. My spam version is 731/0051 and also i have activated the required object as shown in the CHECK_INACTIVE_OBJECT phase and cleared the OCS_QUEUE.But why SAP system is too slow ?

Awaiting your earliest reply..

Thanks and Regards..

Anoop

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Anoop,

You need to check following

SM50 --> which reports consuming more time

ST02 --> Red Swapping and parameters

ST03  --> Analyize the work Load

etc...