Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object assignment to Operation tab of Work order

dennis_rechards
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need clarification on the maintenance Order "Objects" Tab

1. Can you please guide me the use of this tab. What data need to be maintained here? My understanding is this tab shows all the related objects (Notification/Order), related to the main header order (Please confirm if I'm correct)

2. Also what is the requirement of assignment of Objects to Operations under operation tab?

3. How does it impact to the header order and does it impact the Order confirmation process, means if we assign ;say more than one objects to each operation under operation tab, how does it impact the Order confirmation process?

4. In my scenario, I'm having various similar equipment or various sub equipment as part of a main equipment,  to be maintained at same time via a Order. Hence I've assigned these under Object tab and created the Order for header equipment. Now I'm unable to see any impact of this assignment during either confirmation or Order costing. Please advise , then what is the use of assignment of objects to operation ? where can it be used else?

Thanks in advance ..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Please refer the below link for question number 1

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/f2/c7b65334e6b54ce10000000a174cb4/content.htm

2. Also what is the requirement of assignment of Objects to Operations under operation tab?

Answer :As above in link

3. How does it impact to the header order and does it impact the Order confirmation process, means if we assign ;say more than one objects to each operation under operation tab, how does it impact the Order confirmation process?

Answer:It will not impact work order header .What ever you maintained in object list it will nothing do with the Order processing like Confirmation ,cost calculations and other processing parameters. When you make entries in the object list for an order, you are linking it to the objects you enter.

4. In my scenario, I'm having various similar equipment or various sub equipment as part of a main equipment,  to be maintained at same time via a Order. Hence I've assigned these under Object tab and created the Order for header equipment. Now I'm unable to see any impact of this assignment during either confirmation or Order costing. Please advise , then what is the use of assignment of objects to operation ? where can it be used else?

Answer:It will not impact work order header .What ever you maintained in object list it will nothing do with the Order processing like Confirmation ,cost calculations and other processing parameters. When you make entries in the object list for an order, you are linking it to the objects you enter.

Collectively When the Work order is created then you get the reference to all the objects, but costs only accumulated on the reference object (Header FL or EQ ) When you want to track costs or perform any processing such as confirmation  specific to those object list , then each object (FL or EQ) in object list must have its own Work order.

You can search for Work order that use a FL in the object list via TC IW38 when you set the flag on the parameter "incl. object list" in the General Data selection area.

Br

Rakesh

Message was edited by: RAKESH MANE

Answers (0)