cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle Z fields on standard message interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear TM Experts,

We are currently using Z transaction for creation of delivery in ECC.

This Z transaction was developed to consider Z fields (Carrier, Gateway & Route) which are coming from Interface. Addition to this, Z transaction is been used for consider custom enhancements which was supported by standard delivery transaction.

After TM implementation we still want to go with this Z transaction for delivery creation in ECC.

I would like to know how TM should pass this details of Z fields to ECC.

1. Can we handle this Z fields of ECC through standard interface (OutboundDeliveryBulkCreateRequest_Out & OutboundDeliveryBulkCreateRequest_In) or

2. It would require enhancing standard message interface or

3. It would require a complete custom interface for creation of delivery from SAP TM to SAP ECC.

Which is better approach for such a scenario.

Regards,

Md.Rafi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Md.Rafi,

My suggestion is analyze if the BADIs  /SCMTMS/TRQ_SE_REQREQ(TM) and

SHP_BADI_FILL_XI_MESSAGE (ECC) could help you in this matter.

Best Regards, Marcelo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Thanks for the reply.

Those are standard fields of TM but Z fields in ECC at Delivery header level. One of them is Carrier which is at BP tab of freight order. But when I search this Carrier value of freight order in TM XML message payload (In both window 1 and window 2) this value is not available. Does it mean those fields are not considered in standard XML message? If this is not available in XML message I was planning for Enhance standard service in a new enhancement name space. Or their is any other safe & simple way to achieve this requirement.

Please suggest what is best approach to the meet this requirement.

Regards,

Md.Rafi

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rafi,

I have checked the system again and my system is TM9.1.

There are no such fields in the signature of the interface - OutboundDeliveryBulkCreateRequest_Out. Then you will have to enhance it.

While enhancing you can refer to service consumer - TransportationOrderRequest_Out and element

''PreferredCarrierParty'' of type - /SCMTMS/CPX_S_BTD_PARTY which is designed for the same purpose.

Thanks,

Bharath.K

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rafi,

In order to pass these Z fields from TM to ECC, you can do either way of below.

1. Those Z fields which are required in ECC , check how they are populated in TM system? In TM are they part of standard or custom development?

If they are standard fields, hope they can be accommodated in standard interface. If they are custom fields, check if you can enhance the existing outbound proxy interface to accommodate these required feilds.

Then you can write the required code in inbound proxy (May be BDC call transaction or BAPI) to create a delivery document in ECC.

Tip: If you are using the same interface for any other purposes or if you face any other functional challenges due to enhancement of existing interface, you can use a dummy field which can be used to differentiate whether to goahead with Delivery document creation or not?

Please let me know if still any specific questions.

Thanks,

Bharath.K