cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi 4.1: Hyperlink from Excel back to a Webi report produces JRE error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope someone can shed some light on this issue.

I have implementation of BO Platform 4.1 (no service packs). Installed IE 8. Installed MS Office 2013.

I have installed Oracle JRE 6 Update 43 installed and my BO platform works normally.

What I'm trying to test is opening of a Webi report via hyperlink within another Excel exported report.

I've done following:

1. Created Webi "Report 1" with a hypelink to Webi "Report 2"

2. Tested hyperlink to Report 2 from within the Launchpad - works, opens the Report 2, no probs.

Here's my hyperlink URL:

http://localhost:8080/BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocID=AfywhdAPWxRAmE9jORP5TrE&sIDTy...

3. Exported Report 1 to Excel via "Save As"

4. Log off BO platform

5. Open exported Report 1 in Excel and click on hyperlink to Report 2

6. I get prompted for BO credentials, after my entering them, it opens Launchpad and then when target Webi is supposed to be displayed I get below error:

"Cannot launch Java Report Panel, please make sure you have installed a Java virtual machine"

Any idea as to the cause of this problem?

Many thanks for your input.

Kind Regards,

Davor Mitrasevic

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it seems that you have set your default viewer for WebI to Applet for the user you're using when opening the opendoc link.

And maybe the hyperlink when opened from excel opens a different browser which cannot load java (which is required by the applet viewer).

you can try this:

change webi viewer to HTML : login to launchpad with the user which you will be using in opendoc > preferences > web intelligence > select HTML under View section > save and log off > open the hyper link from excel > login using same user when prompted > check if still have the same error.

-Nikhil Nair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Many thanks for your suggestion. That worked.

You guys are awesome.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Davor Mitrasevic

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190767
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Davor,

What happens if you directly paste the OpenDoc statement in your borwser?

Are you using the same browser as started by Excel (which will start the one as set as default)?

Regards

Merlijn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Merlijn,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

When I paste OpenDoc command directly in my browser, it all works fine. (note: I am logged off BO platform at this point)

Then, I get prompted for BO platform authentication and upon my entering of credentials, it then goes ahead and simply opens the requested document in a Webi window.

Exactly as expected.

Kind Regards,

Davor Mitrasevic