cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Procurement Material to asset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, guys, I have a quaestion, is it possible to convert a procurement Material to asset. For my procurement material I have an account determination, It is necessary create a new material or can I use the same material?

Thks

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP Asset is an Asset and the procured material be procured . However yiou can procure a material against Assset with an account assignment category A in the PO /PR . and there is no material type which will be used to create an Asset as material . Assets will be created at AS01 transaction code against an asset class like LAND .

241 is a moment used to issue the material procured against an asset for the consumption .at MB1A .

So i do not think so that you can not convert a procured material into asset .

Are you asking baout the serial numbers / assigned equipment for the material ? This is possible .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can procure material in asset you have to make PR with account assignment with 'A' no need to create new material code. Also if you have already stock available then you can issue material to asset with movement type '241' from MB1A.

Regards,

mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Goordman,

Well as I understand you want to convert the material into asset? Well materials are maintained in material master and assets are maintained in asset register. Once you procure the material into your stock, the accounting starts. Inventory becomes debit and GR/IR clearing goes Credit. In accounting terms BSX (Debit) and WRX (Credit) and so on. Now if you want to convert the material into asset then I think you would have to PGI to the asset register.

Regards,

Sagnik

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you procure material against a asset code, as soon as you do the GR, material will hit required account determination.

If you already have material in stock and want to capitalized against asset, then use movement type 241 to issue the material from inventory to asset.

You can also WBS element too to procure all the materials and services against it. Then settle your WBS element against an asset. WBS element is used when you want to use the concept of AUC- Asset under construction.