SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment Item not picking during PO creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing issue during PO creation. User is entering CI but system is not picking that value and error FI311 is coming.

While checking FMderive, it says derivation is not performed reason being no value found.

Can anyone kindly suggest what other settings I should check.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean to say that user introduces manually commitment item and then it becomes blank? In this case, there must be a rule in FMDERIVE with 'overwrite' option, if if no value was found. Check your rules and reset the 'overwrite' flag if you want to do manual entry of CI. You can set an option 'overwrite with new value if it is not empty' for your rule: in this case, only if the rule finds the value it will be overwritten.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean to say that user introduces manually commitment item and then it becomes blank? In this case, there must be a rule in FMDERIVE with 'overwrite' option, if if no value was found. Check your rules and reset the 'overwrite' flag if you want to do manual entry of CI. You can set an option 'overwrite with new value if it is not empty' for your rule: in this case, only if the rule finds the value it will be overwritten.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying Eli,

In our case, user enters commitment item manually, but it is getting overwritten by the commitment item maintained in derivation rule. I have checked and in all the strategies, "Do not overwrite if field already filled' is selected.

Am I missing something.

Regards.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set a trace in FMDERIVE and make sure that none of the rules is triggered when posting PO.