cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDVM table gets updated during changes in MM02

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to change the MRP Type (Example: from 'PD' to 'ND') of a specific material in MM02. Once the material has been changed, MDVM table updates and the planning file entry for that material was deleted since MRP type was set to 'ND'. I revert back the changes to 'PD' again and save, MDVM table gets updated and planning file entry for that material exists.

With these, I would like to know if what triggers the MDVM table to update/delete planning file entries during MRP related changes in MM02. I've tried to debug before saving the changes but still can't find the logic/code that updates/deletes MDVM table entries.

Regards,

Rye

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The update of the planning file happens in update mode, therefore, your breakpoints will not be reached. You must activate the option "update debugging" on the ABAP debugger, so that the update programs are called in debug mode after the task in foreground is finished.

BR
Caetano

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whenever you change planning relevant data (MRP data in material master) the planning file is updated. If you enter ND for "no planning" then an entry in the planning file table does not make any sense and is removed.

Programs are LDISPF3G to check if there was a change in the MRP type

and then LDISPF3C to delete the planning file entry

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for your quick response!

I've tried to put a breakpoint for both programs you've provided. However, upon changing the material in MM02, it doesn't pass in the the said programs.

Regards,

Rye