Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversal of accrual in case of partial settlement in Rebates

anirban_pahari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a scenario where we make partial payment against rebate agreement.In such case, if the payment is made partially against

total accrued payment, then we need to reverse the balance amount in rebate agreement.

Say if the amount accrued is 500 and we pay partially for 450, then how to reverse the balance amount of 50 in related rebate agreement.

Basically client wants to settle the Rebate Agreement fully (even though partial payment has been done) so that the remaining accrual is reversed. Can we raise a debit note in case of rebate agreements?

Is this possible in standard SAP by any means?

Regards,
Anirban

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

You should be able to carry out a zero value final settlement (See note  215438) 
If I remember rightly you can also delete the agreement in VBo2. This won't delete the agreement because of the rebate documents but it will create a credit memo for 0.00 and reverse any open accruals. You can test this in your system

Hope it helps
Kind regards
Brian

anirban_pahari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Brian,

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs. It helped me a lot in getting closer to meet client expectation.

Regards,
Anirban

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Anirban

Always remember that for Rebate most of the control are there in Rebate Agreement.

For your issue, you can do the following:

Std Customization Setting:

Select Reverse Accrual and give document type for Partial Settlement in Rebate Agreement Type setting. (Tcode: VB(2)

Effect:

whenever you will do partial settlement, accrual amount will also reduce up to settlement amount. i.e: if you do partial settlement of Rs.500/- against total accrual of Rs.700/-, the the accrual amount will automatically reduce to Rs.200/-, for that Rebate Agreement.

Note:  Text Removed

Thanks and Regards

Kunalesh

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Don't add such text in your post and deviate SCN rules

anirban_pahari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Kunalesh,

Appreciate your prompt response. But please read my query carefully. The setting you have referred to controls the reversal of any partial settlement done automatically.

But my scenario is not that. Let me try to explain it once more.

1. Client has an accrual of 800 INR.

2. We do a partial settlement of 500 INR(Here 500 INR gets reversed due the setting as      mentioned by you in VB(2 )

3. Now we do not want to do any further activity on this Rebate Agreement. So we want the remaining accrual 300 INR to get reversed. Other wise it will act as an liability to the client.

Is this possible by any means in standard SAP.

Hope I am able to make you understand this time.

Regards,
Anirban