cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Value for Query Prompt Selector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I need some help on query prompt selector. I am dealing with BEx query which has a Month prompt. I want my dashboard to load with default value as current month i.e. OCT 2014.

I could do this with dirty fix at the moment by passing current month at the time of designing the query from Query Browser.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tejas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

You can also link the Bex prompt to an Xcelsius Cell where you will put an Excel formula that return the corrent month and year (Depending on your need) ...you can also check the checkBox "refresh before loading componants" while creating the request on Xcelsius, so the data returned by the Bex query is refreshed against the current date while loading the Xcelsius dashboard ...

Regards.

Abdess,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abdess, I am using query prompt selector and I want query prompt selector to come up as current month as by default selected value.

jennifer_jacob
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Tejas,

In that case you would need to define it as a formula variable in query designer.

Regards,

Jennifer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jennifer, do you mean to say create a variable which gives current month and then pass that as a default value to the prompt?

Regards,

Tejas

jennifer_jacob
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes exactly that

Regards,

jennifer