cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can I do to change the Leads Import template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

When creating  Leads by using Microsoft Excel®, we find that the  fields on the template can not cover the whole information

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I suggest trying "Personalize" > "This Screen" (General tabs or any other as required) , Once in personalize this screen you will find  "Display Settings" at the bottom of the screen, Open and you will see "Export Columns" set to "Visible", Change this To "All" and Download the Excel and it should give you whats available.

Regards

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nick ,

I try it in your way ,but "party role" and "name " field can not show on template:

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

I believe you'll need to update the XML Schema elements on the Excel template.

You'll need to enable the Developer Tools (Google "Excel Developer Tools" for a guide to this)

Once you've activated the Developer tools tab, open the file and go to that in the Ribbon. You'll then see "Source" as one of the buttons, click that, then change the drop-down on the newly appeared tab to "SAP_BYD_MAIN". This is the XML structure of the data that you're sending. Look through it to see if it contains the element you're looking for. If so, right-click and select "Map Element", then add it as a new column in the table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your kindly reply and useful solution .

I try it in your way but I can't find the field ,like "party role" and "name" in XML Structure.

And these two fields are standard fields in Leads:

I think there must be a way to add fields in XML Structure and Map them on import template.

But I don't know how to do this .

Could you please do me a favor ?

thank you .

best regards,

david

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

The actual basis for this upload is the associated Web Service - in this case, ManageLeadsIn.

You can look this up within the Service Explorer - you'll then need to download the WSDL and open it in a program that can read it (SOAPUI is a good choice).

Within this, you'll see what fields are available.

I did this, but i don't see the "Marketing Unit" within the WSDL. I see the following:

MarketingResponsibleEmployeeParty - this may be the closest that you can send as it relates to a marketing party, but appears to only accept an Employee as the value. You should see a corresponding field in the Excel XML schema.

SalesResponsibleEmployeeParty

ProspectParty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Thank you .

I will try it.

best regards,

david

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Thank you .

I will try it.

best regards,

david

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to add some other fields from leads to Import template.what should I do ?

thank you .

best regards,

david

0 Kudos

Hi David,

is this about standard fields (which ones specifically?) or about customer specific extension fields?

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi michael ,

this is about standard field in leads:

what should I do to add this Party Role field to Excel write-back template?

thank you

best regards,

david