cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSPC_API_CHAIN_START unfortunately end user gets popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all

I use   in the web or excel front end a planning function, which is started by the
  end user. The planning function then starts a process chain through function module
  RSPC_API_CHAIN_START.

So fare   everything worked very fine. But today we have the issue that the end-user
  gets a pop-up asking for job priority A, B or C, what never happend before.

I  haven’t any idea, what have changed in the system.

In my  opinion the process chains starts in the Background and shouldn't ask through a popup.

Has someone and idea what's the reason of the popup.

Thanks and best regards

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The chain runs in background, but the launch doesn't. I call the function module with IN BACKGROUND TASK, so that the launch also runs in background and no popup.

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matthew

Thanks a lot of this very good idea.

Do you also know why we have suddenly this different behaviour. Before we didn't observe these popups.

Best regards

Christian

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know why... but we had the same happen! Presumably a note or an SP has been applied.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matthew

I have tested and it is as you said.

Just the small draw back is, that I don't get anymore the log-id of the process chain. The addition background doesnt allow Import Parameters.

We used the import Parameter 'logid' of the fb RSPC_API_CHAIN_START to read the status of the process chain to send a message to the end user, that the process chain has ended successfully.

Best regards and thanks for that good idea and solution.

Christian

Answers (0)