cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP disaggregation according to demand wrong quantities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are trying to implement SNP disaggregation but are having some issues on the split quantities when running the disaggregation according to demand.

I have seen other discussions on the forum where the problem was that the Net Demand macro wasnt activated. That is not our case.

I am running some tests and I have the following scenario for example:

Location Product hierarchy

Header level: Product X / Location Y

Subproduct level: Products A, B,C / Location Y

Forecast Product A: Month1 1000, Month2 600

Forecast Product B: Month1 500, Month2 200

Forecast Product C: Month1 240, Month2 750

No other requirements exist.

So, lets make the clearest example: assume that the Production (Planned) at header level is 1740 in Month1 and 1550 in Month so after running dissagreation according to demand and order based I would expect same quantities as forecast (product A to have production 1000 Month1 and 600 Month2, product B to have 500 Month1, 200 Month2 and finally product C to have 240 Month1, 750 Month2)

But instead those disaggregated quantities, we are getting:

Production Product A: Month1 860, Month 2 610

Production Product B: Month1 540, Month 2 200

Production Product C: Month1 340, Month 2 740

In other tests with different percentages the differences are even bigger.

So what I am misunderstanding about the SNP disaggregation? Or am I understanding it well but the behavior of the system is kind of wrong or unexpected?

Thank you for you help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Did you check the rounding values or minimum lot sizes in the product master data. When you perform the disaggregation, what is your option for Orders at aggregated level (delete, reduce or do not change).

Thanks.

Regards, Marius

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marius, we have lot for lot and no rounding values nor minimum/maximum lot sizes. So that shouldn't be the problem. About the order at aggregated level we have "not change". How can this affect the orders at lower level?

Thank a lot for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Try with delete option. The option "not change" is not recommended.

• Do Not Change: The system does not delete the orders, instead it
    just copies them from the sublevel to the header level. You must only use this
    option for simulation purposes, since the order quantities and resource
    consumption double in the process.

Regards, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your advice Marius, but in our scenario we dont want to delete the orders of header level.  But anyway I tried with the option of deleting orders at aggregated level just to see if that was the problem and the result is still the same.

Any other thoughts?

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I believe that the chosen disaggregation method is according to demand (not according with quota).

What is the disaggregation mode? If is by bucket oriented you could have this kind of results. Try with order based.

Also be sure that the horizon is the same in data source section and horizon for method combination in disaggregation parameters section.

Thanks.

Regards, Marius 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marius. Thank you very much for your help but as I mentioned in my original post we are running disaggregation according to demand and order based mode, and still we are getting that kind of results, which is quite strange

The horizons are the same in both section as well.

Any other help would be really appreciated.

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

Please see below the logic of SNP disaggregation. Then check the Net Demand macro (compare with the attached screenshot) which is used to calculate the sub products quantities.

Did you have fair share/push distribution defined? 

Thank you.

Regards, Marius  

Disaggregation According to Demands

Values are disaggregated from header product level to sub product level according to fair share distribution or push distribution principles that are also used by deployment.

• With fair share distribution, if demand exceeds supply, the system distributes the supply evenly over the individual sub products according to their demand.
  • With push distribution, the procedure is similar but is used when supply exceeds demand.

SNP disaggregation determines disaggregation demand; in other words, the demand of the sub products, based on the NETDM auxiliary key figure (Net Requirement key figure in the planning book) or a user-defined auxiliary key figure (see Prerequisites for Aggregated Planning).

The system calculates the net demand saved in the NETDM key figure at sub product level using the Net Demand (Disaggregation) macro, while taking the stock level changes into account. It ignores the demand from earlier periods (shown in the Supply Shortage key figure) and only considers the demand starting with the period containing the value to be disaggregated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marius,

Our Net Demand macro looks exactly the same with the only difference that we work with monthly buckets instead weekly ones. So that should be all right.

But I dont understand what you mean when saying if we had fair share/push distribution defined. To my understanding fair share/push distribution don't need to be defined by us, as it's already defined in the system to be used when running disaggregation because its part of the process itself. Am I wrong? In case I am wrong, where can I define those terms?

Thank you very much for all you help in this thread. I really appreciate it.

Best Regards,

former_member225716
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Please refer

SNP Disaggregation - Supply Network Planning Run - SAP Library

Hope it will help you to fix this problem.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any light on this?

I will reward all answers

Thank you!