cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver 7.31 Portal (Which Java version is best for the administrator)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I want to know which version of Java would be the best to use as the Netweaver Administrator / Developer on my laptop?

I regularly have to use the "Content Management" and "Content Administration" functions in our portals.

My problem is, when using the "Content Administration", the portal is extremely slow on my machine, so creating an iView would take me roughly 15 minutes just to get to the "Create" part.

I am unable to use any functions in the "Content Management" section from my machine as well, ie:  Create folders, uploading a single file, not to mention uploading multiple files which works on a Windows 7 machine using IE, but on my machine (Windows 8, using IE / Chrome / Firefox), I am unable to do any of these functions as it just doesn't have any effect after clicking on anything.

I suspect it has something to do with my version of Java which is on my machine.

I am currently using Java 7 Update 67.  I have the 32-Bit & 64-Bit versions installed as my OS is a 64-Bit OS.

Then I also have the Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 6 installed on my machine.

Please help as this is really frustrating and I don't know where to find the answer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

j2sdk-1_4_2_13 is the best Version

Regards

Philipp

roman_loshevsky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi
The behavior you described not related to JVM version as you use browser and it depends on browser version and content settings.
http://scn.sap.com/community/enterprise-portal/blog/2014/09/03/ie-and-portal-standardsquirks-mode-ev...

Also check that browser zoom level is 100% and not any other value

BR,

Roman