cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Cost was zero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

When I copied Sales Order to Delivery, Item Cost of some Item wasn't showed. But when I created a new Delivery (didn't copy from Sales Order), item cost was showed. Inventory method is Moving Average. SAP 8.82. I don't know why? Could you help me please? Thank you very much.

Regards,

Dong Phạm Nhat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is about timing.

The Item Cost of some items was zero in the relevant warehouse at the time the order was created. When you copy a delivery note from an order, all data is copied from the order, including the cost prices of all items that were entered into the order when it was created.

When you created the delivery directly the Cost Price of the items was retrieved directly from the item master data (warehouse).

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Thank for your help. The Item Cost at SO was zero. But I don't know why because in that time when that SO was created Item Cost had value.

Regards,

Dong Pham Nhat

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dong Pham Nhat,

Item Cost is warehouse specific. In the SO on the line level, you determine from which warehouse to sell the stock. If you do not determine it manually, the default warehouse for the item will be used.

Most likely the Cost Price was zero in the warehouse determined for the relevant line in the SO, when it was created.

What is the Base Price Origin in your system (Administration > System Initialization > Document Settings > Base Price Origin) ? If it is Cost Price (which it should usually be if you use the Moving Average stock valuation method), then you can check what the Cost Price was for the line from the PO's Gross Profit window.

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

I don't manage Item Cost per warehouse.

Regards,

Dong Pham Nhat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Item Cost was Zero at several Item Code as below.

And you can see Gross Profit:

The set up :

Base Price Origin: Item cost

Manage G/L Inventory by warehouse: Yes.

Manager Item Cost per warehouse : No

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dong Pham Nhat,

Are the two screenshots you posted, from the same Sales Order ?

If so, did you (or anyone else) update the Gross Profit table of this Sales Order (this can happen later by simply switching between price lists, and pressing update) ?

Regards,

Johan

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check SAP note:

1674520 - Zero Gross Profit Base Price for Sales Bill of
Material

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan