cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing Documents - Long time to Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am having difficulties updating or even changing values and tabbing away from Header UDFs in Marketing documents with open lines.

It looks like the system goes through all the lines or something, as it takes a very long time (depending on the number of open lines in the present document) to move on.

I have checked UDFs and FMS's and I cannot find anything out of the ordinary. It is really becoming a problem for documents with 100 lines or more, where it can take up to half an hour to update!

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to close all other applications and check performance.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Performance is fine, in general. The problem is SAP specific, on documents with open lines where a header udf's value is updated.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please raise ticket to SAP support.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I may have to check the transaction notification.. maybe there's a process that causes the delay.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Could you check how many UDF do you have for marketing document? How many records for both POR1 and RDR1?

Try a query SELECT * FROM CSHS to see how may FMS you have too.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Gordon,

UDFs for marketing documents rows are just 13. And not all of them are visible. Usually like 4-5 are available. FMSs are 6-7. However I have disabled all of them for the testing.

Funny thing I noticed, removed FMS still exist in CSHS table even though they are not running in any way.

I have pinpointed the problem to the following:

Whenever I move focus out of a Header UDF that had its Value changed, for any reason, the system delays depending on the number of open Rows in the document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How many lines in the document? If only few lines, do you still have problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is directly proportional to the Open lines of the document. Closed lines dont create a problem

former_member197621
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this below option,

Go to SQL and expand the invoice table in the tree and right click on the index and select the option re-order.

In marketing documents where ever you having the issue , repeat the above steps for the tables.

If you do this update and add will work fast.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Removed every FMS from the form. It still takes around a minute to update a header udf, in a document of less than 100 lines.

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Do you get the same slow performance in a B1 client on the server ?

If so, what are your server specs (32bit or 64bit OS, how much RAM) ?

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the above are on the server itself. However I think it does not really matter since the same delay does not apply to a Sales Order, with even more lines open. It is kind of specific for POs

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A couple of things you could try:

- reboot the server (if you haven't tried that yet)

- run the SQL Server Profiler, and see if there are any (relatively) long running queries, when you update a PO. Specifically any that appear to be repeated for each line in you PO.

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Could you please test removing all FMSs from the Purchase order (both header and row) ?

Regards,

Johan

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check SAP note:

- Slow performance in SAP Business One or SQL query

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately,  the DB statistics update suggested from this article did not really help.

It was likely though. The delay only happens on Purchase Orders with open lines.

Its not in other documents and never with closed lines.

It really looks like the GUI is going through each and every line for some reason, before it proceeds, every time a Header UDF changes.

Any other suggestions?

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your B1 version and PL? If any add-on running, please disconnect and check.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP 8.82 PL 9. Addons were disconnected and checked again. Same problem occurs though