cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product(PlOrd, ProcOrd) availability date x days before sales order requirement date?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

is it possible with the material master data setting (scheduling margin key, GR processing time in days, something else) to do a product availability date x days before sales order requirement date when MRP run generates the PlOrd?

Model situation:

- Sales order requirement date 31.10.2014

- backward scheduling is on

- doing lead time scheduling of orders and production takes couple of hours for a particular order

- MRP run should generate PlOrd with production start date (x = 3 days) so 27.10.2014, and the 'available for planning date' => available for WH will be 28.10.2014?

I am familiar with the SAP scheduling concept, influence of GR processing time and scheduling margin key (floats) on MRP run scheduling results (planned order) => I already tried to play around with the scheduling marging key (float after production 3 days), GR processing time 3 days but the 'available for planning date' is always the same day as sales order requirement date.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Juraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juraj,

You can use Safety Time (MRP2 view of the material Master).

Safety time (in workdays)

In this field, you define the number of workdays for the safety time/actual range of coverage.

If you define a safety time, the requirements in MRP are brought forward on the time axis by the number of workdays you define here.

This does not change the actual requirements dates. However, as the requirements have technically been brought forward, receipts  are created for the earlier dates in MRP.

Note that you need to maintain both fields: Safety time ind. & Safety time/act.cov.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

exactly what I needed, thanks.

Regards,

Juraj

ramakanth_sagar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Juraj,

You can also use Float After Production in the Schedule Margin Key.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

no the result is different as what Mariano has suggested with the float after production.

Thanks.

Answers (0)