cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Accounts and automatic Reconciliation

0 Kudos

Hi all,

When we execute F110, generate differents postings in payment transition bank account depending of your grouping configuration, in our case, one for vendor account.  But when we receive the bank data from the electronic bank statement, it is just one position for the whole transfer amount done. So if we want to clear the payment transition bank account we can´t use automatic clearing and we have to look for all the postings made in the F110 execution manually.

The point is, my client wants just one posting with the whole amount for the total of the F110 payment for all the vendors, then we can just use the amount criteria for automatic clearing.

So I think we can execute F110, generate the file to send to the bank, and after that, make a posting grouping all the payments for automatic clearing later.

Any suggestion will be appreciate...

Salvador

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Salvador,

Its a very interesting question. But as per the standard practice I feel its very difficult to made this changes. For example I have two vendors A, B payable through Axis.  When I run the payment run through F110 system generates the entries like

Vendor A Dr 100

Vendor B Dr 100

TO  Axis a/c 100

To   Axis  a/c 100

So in sub accounts system post two entries. if we used multiple bank accounts to make the payments with different payment methods again system entries would be different  for each transactions.  How can this possible to group all F110 payment tryansactions in to one. It casues the reconsilation issues in future.  As per my view its not recommended.

Regards,

Inthiyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

continue to my answer above..

I run the payment for 70 vendors through F110 paid amount is 1,00,000 so system generates 70 entries in a bank sub account  and I made my system to generate only one entry for all 70 payments.  when I receive the bank entry only for 75000 then it is very difficult for me to identify which vendor is not paid in the payment run.  It will be a problem to rectify the error in system.  Hope this helpful.

As per my knowledge its not possible to set this in sap. I am very happy if anyone can have the solution for this requirement.  Thanks  

Regards,

Inthiyaz

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Inthiyaz, it is very helpful in the sense that, I consider as well as you, that if some problem ocur during the payment, it will be difficult to indentify the origin, but in this case the company wants to do it anyway, and take the risk.

I think there is a BTE that works in F110, where you can post after execution. I will  check it.

Thanks again

Regards,

Salvador

former_member197737
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Salvador,

What information is used to identify items to be cleared?

In a theorical scenario you would have N payments done in F110, and you would send the payment file to the bank. This file should have an ID in order to identify the payment lot. This ID should then be returned in EBS from the bank identifying the unique transfer amount. This ID should be the correct information to use in order to clear the items. If this ID is populated in all payment documents in F110, lets say into Assignment field, and same ID is populated in same field (Assignment) in the EBS item, then an automatic clearing could be possible.

Under this scenario there's no need to modify posting in F110.

Best regards!

Mgitur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salvador,

Please share the solution if you found for this before closing the issue. It will be helpful for us too. Thanks in advacne.

Regards,

Inthiyaz

0 Kudos

Hi Mgitur,

That´s a great solution, and I thought in it from the beginning, as the easiest way as you say without any F110 modification. But still, this company doesn´t have confidence in banks procedures, and thinks these will change in the future and will generate others problems in the system.

So, they will prefer to create a new posting grouping all the payments done trought F110. i.m going to check the viability of this process.

I will update the post.