cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned cost in operation and component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am creating order manually in IW31, and for component with item category N I am updating 100 inr as cost. But in cost TAB I can see cost appearing as 200 inr.

After analysis I found 100 inr cost is appearing operation line item (external) TAB, therefore in Cost TAB its 200 inr.

Any idea why its populating 100 inr in operation TAB as well?

Thanks

DM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Please check the following

1. Can you check whether there is any external operation with INR 100 is assigned ? (Manually added)

2. For any operation is there a cost is maintained in external tab ( Manually added)

3. KP26 maintained for cost center / activity but this will not be displayed in the external tab (Cost calculated automatically)

When you go to costing tab, what is the group this cost was displayed ?

Regards

Terence

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DM,

Can you send a screen-shot of the External tab data, and also the Cost tab

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

I have provided all the 3 snapshots.

We have entered cost only in component purchasing data only,,,in operation external TAB not sure how cost is coming.

We are not using KP26, no labor cost at all.

Thank you

Deepak

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Please provide the screen shot of sub Tab "Quantities" of overview  cost Tab

Additionally you maintain the Price as INR 16 per Piece in first screen shot and and your requirement quantity is 2 which is shown in third screen shot  that's why cost coming as INR 32 in planned cost.

Br

Rakesh

Message was edited by: RAKESH MANE

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

You have used control key SM02, which will request to fill external details.

The cost maintained in operation SM02 = 16

Material cost assign= 16

Total cost it shows as 32.

Regards

Terence

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepak,

In your second image, can you click on the Rep. Plan/Act button on the Cost tab and send a screen-shot.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

Here is the snapshot...Thanks for spending time on this.

DM

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DM,

It looks like you have some External costs (SM02 operation control key) and some materials assigned to the same operation. Can you send a screen-shot of your Components and Operations tabs from the order.

Do the costs change if you press the Determine Cost button on the order header?

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

We do have component price in purchasing i.e. 2* 8 = 16 and this should be the only price that reflect in cost TAB.

BUT as shown in previous snapshot - not sure how sam price 16 inr is getting updated in operation external TAB.

Thanks

DM

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepak,

The costs are being generated as follows:

• Operation 0010 has Operation Control Key SM02 which is an "external" operation. So the system forces you to enter a price. The value you have entered is $16.
  • You have also added a material against operation 0010 (qty2) at $8 each
  • Thefore the total is $16+$8+$8 = $32

You need to remove the cost in the External tab (1st image).

To do this you may need to change the Operation Control Key from SM02 to SM01 (assuming standard settings).

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

I have not entered the cost in external operation. it is appearing be default.

we are entering cost only in component purchasing data - snapshot 2 i.e. 2*8 = 16.

Now, issue is - this cost is getting defaulted / copied in operation external TAB. which is making the overall cost of the service order as 32 inr. That's an issue.

Thanks

DM

Private_Member_28603
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Deepak,

most probable reason is the one described by Rakesh.

Another reason could be that you have chosen the operation quantity (AFVGD-LOSVG) of 2 in tab "External" of Operation and therefore the price is doubled.

Regards,

P.

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

That additional cost might from labor cost which is calculated on the basis of KP26 Transaction (hourly rates maintain by Combination of cost center and activity type of work center)

Br

Rakesh

Message was edited by: RAKESH MANE