Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptaion mode

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, experts.

I am editing some stanard screens using Adaption Mode.

I just change the positions of my extension fields.

The problem is that  have published a standard screen with some position changed using Adaptaion Mode

but when I log in with a different user, I can't see my changes that have been made.

Regards,

Fred.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using an admin user. Logon via PDI, switch admin mode to ON, then with the same user logon on the application and adapt

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Alessandro

Thanks.The admin mode is already on.

I used the same user for developing in Cloud Application and for adaptation.

I added some extension fields to a standard screen and I changed the positions with the standard elements.

But some changes were successful but some failed.(when  I log in with a different user, the positions are unchanged)

Can you please confirm the workcenters and other essential stuff for an admin who can adapt and publish?
Regards

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I said something wrong. The admin mode on PDI is needed only for changes that needs to be registered on the PDI solution to be transported on other systems (ie datasources definition, etc.)

For the layout you don't need to switch on the admin mode in the PDI, you just need this workcenter to access the adaptation mode.

When changed the screen (layout, extension fields, mashups) the changes should be visible to all the users.

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Fred,

Did you do that adaptation in the Master Layout?

For example: Was in the yellow-black topline the words "Changes will be applied for all users" visible?

If No, the adaption was onyl for your user.

HTH,

Horst

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Horst.

I don't know if my adaptation in the Master Layout or not?

I just have this when I enter adaptation mode.

When I publish the changes, this pops up.

Sometimes, even after publishing the changes, those are not successful.After publishing, I just see an unchange screen even if I am the same user. When that kind of things happen, I just edit again and publish again. Then it works.

There is one more thing. My extension fields have their visiblity bound with indicators.

Should I do the adaptation before the binding or after? (I did both )

Should I do the adaptation with a business user(when I log in with this user, I can see other extension fields added by other users from other solutions) or with just my PDI user.(actually I am just doing with both )

But first, I do the adaptation with PDI user as soon as I have finished adding the extension fields to a standard screen in UI designer.

After making some changes in the adaptation mode, I publish the changes with the PDI user.

Then, I log in with the business user. I can see some changes are commited but some are not.

So, I just edit and publish the uncomitted changes again with the business user because I think the business user is the actual user who is gonna use this app.

Regards,

Fred.

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Alessandro.

Both the users (business and PDI) have already been assigned with that workcenter.

Regards,

Fred.

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Fred,

From the picture: It the master layout.

So all users should see those changes.

Regarding the user.

Please, separate the PDI Developer from the Key User.

Do not use the same for both activities.

In fact, this may be the reason.

A PDI Developer has the special layer for the PDI development assigned.

The Key User has a higher layer.

If you did the changes with the  PDI Developer user then the result will vary, depending if the Key User has modified the same UIs.

HTH,

Horst

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Horst.

Thanks.

I created a thread a couple of days ago.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3638900

And please confirm what kind of user should I use for adaptation mode.

Regards,

Fred. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

This answers by Horst is the correct answer, since PDI and Adaptation are part of separate layers the behaviour will be inconsistent.  The change transactions done in customer layer with the PDI user could lead to issues.  It is always recommended to separate the two activities to avoid these types of issues.

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Michael.

Thanks.

So, it means I should not do changes with PDI user.

I should do it with Key User.??

Can you please demystify this?

Regards

Fred.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, for anyone that will be doing PDI work it is recommended to have users for specific purposes: one for PDI, one for KUT/adaptation, and a business user for testing.  The business user and the KUT user could be the same though as long as you are not getting too sophisticated with dynamic layouts or UI switches.  From a technical standpoint there is something to do with how change transactions are registered for customer layer users vs PDI users - I am not 100% sure of the exact details but inconsistencies usually will arise so it is definitely recommended to seperate the duties.

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, Michael.

Regards,

Fred.

Answers (0)