Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing plan and Marketing project

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I want to understand the difference between Marketing plan and Marketing project.Is it like every marketing plan,plan element,campaign and campaign element is called a project? If yes why it is termed as a project?

2.Marketing plan is intended to be long term strategic planing like budgets and deadlines.Deadlines in the sense planned start date and end date.What other strategic data is captured in a Marketing plan apart from this.

In my project PS is out of scope so no actual budget and expenditure can be posted into CRM system.

Cost planning is also not possible since SEM is out of scope.

Is there any other way the budgeting,costing and expenditure details can be captured in Marketing plan/campaign  or in the Integrated marketing calendar?

3.If there is no other way to record the budgets and the expenditure can I have a field in the marketing plan page where in I can manually enter the figures which I can also see in the Marketing calendar.

Please help me resolve this.

Regards

Jaya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

a project is the main element in marketing planning. This can be a marketing plan, a campaign or a trade promotion. This is the main element. On the other hand there are the child elements that are called tasks. This can be a marketing plan element, a campaign element or a trade promotion element. So basically we need to distinguish between a project and a task. I guess the naming comes from the project system.

For budget planning you can refer to the online help:

Top-Down Budgeting in Marketing - Marketing Resource Management - SAP Library

Marketing Funds Management - Marketing Resource Management - SAP Library

This provides a good overview about the scenario.

best regards,

Johannes

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

Thanks for the response.

Still need some more clarification regarding

Marketing plan is said to be for allocation of top down budgets and targets.Since BW,PS modules are out of scope in my project I am not capturing budgets,costing etc in marketing plan.So  what  exactly are we trying to capture in a marketing plan apart from type and dates?(strategically)

And what are "targets" where are we capturing them in marketing plan?

Can I provide an additional field in Marketing plan page so that my client can manually enter the expenditure he incurred for that particular project?

Please suggest

Regards

Jayalakshmi