Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC integration of "Taxes"

former_member210407
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a customer requirement to integrate Taxes info for customers (ECC/C4C both ways).

As this data is structured with multiple columns i can't simply create an extension field and map it with the corresponding field in DEBMAS with HCI.

I'm wondering if a custom BO linked to the customer could do but i'm having trouble with the HCI part.

How could I send data from this custom BO and from the account BO at the same time to ERP ?

They should be both trigered and Account data should be processed by ERP before custom BO data (account needs to be created in ERP before integrating taxes values)

I'm evaluating two options:

• Create a webservice that combines the account values and the custom BO values (Is it possible?)
  • When account web service is called from C4C to ERP, trigger the custom BO webservice with a delay. (Is this possible?)

If you have any idea about that topic please advise.

Best regards,

Benjamin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very high level view:

Question 1: are you speaking about the integration ERP ---> C4C? If yes, you can create one unique ws that combines account and taxes data, even if this is not needed (you can reuse the standard account ws and create only the custom ws for taxes)

Question 2: you have different options:

- for the taxes you create an MDR (mass data run) that will call the web service on HCI side after a delay.

or

- You can call immediatly the custom ws on HCI side, but when HCI sends the idoc to the ABAP system, you can handle this idoc with a custom inbound Function Module that will wait till the account is created.

former_member210407
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Question 1

I have for requirement to do this both way but I'm particularly speaking about C4C ==> ERP.

DEBMAS idoc contains the segments for taxes so my difficulties are more on C4C side.

From ERP to C4C, from what I  understand i need to "split" the DEBMAS inbound message in HCI and manage two different outbound webservices with the correct field mapping. That should create/update values in both account BO ans taxes custom BO. Am I right?

From C4C to ERP, how can I create a combined WS with both my standard account data and custom BO data?

Question 2

The solution you are refering to means that I should modify the inbound processing function module in ECC to include a "wait while" for customer creation?

Best regards,

Benjamin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Q1:

A - yes

B - even if this is not adviced you can create a single inbound ws on HCI containing both account and taxes data, and you can call this ws from c4c side. Later this scenario will trigger two idocs on the ERP side.

The other approach (that for me is better) is to use the standard scenario for the account, and to create a separate scenario for the taxes.

Q2:

I am not an idoc expert, but yes, I mean something like that. Maybe there is a standard possibility to create dependancy on incoming idocs, or the possibility to schedule a re-run of an idoc that is not processed (tax not processed because the account is not created)

former_member210407
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Q1:

B - Why would there be two idocs? If i can merge the account and taxes ws into a single one I can map the values in DEBMAS and then create only one IDOC on ERP side.

Q2:

From what I know about this, we can process idocs depending of the message type. In that case both messages would be DEBMAS so i don't think there is a way to create a dependency without code.

Maybe the "re-run" of Idoc is the simplest way out of this.

Best regards,

Benjamin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Q1: if you want to  merge all in one single idoc you will not be able to reuse the standard account scenario already existing