cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search behavior for category users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi masters,

I don´t have good behavior on searching BI platform.

We manage report access using categories for some users. For those users is needed to see categories instead of folders and is needed to see just that reports assigned to specific Categories.

I succeed to create level access for those users. In general they can see objects, in content Folders they have denied to see objects and content Categories they can see objects.

That level access works fine to see exactly what I need. The problem becomes when we search a document that is not included on the category on the launch pad of the categories users. We can see those reports not included to the categories and execute them.  If we modify rights and we denied group access to the root folder where the reports are, I don’t see event the reports assigned to the categories. So I don’t know which rights I need to add to those users to have visibility just the reports assigned to categories even for searching. Any suggestion?

Would we have the possibility to denied search option in the launch pad of those group users? What it would be necessary?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jawahar,

My customer doesn’t want to disable search for everyone, so I will have to think in other solution about rights in specific folders.

About that folder I need reports on category assigned, which minimum rights I need for group users to see just reports on categories and no the rest? Will I have to go until report security level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have spacial interest on this,

I don't find anything related to searching configuration.

Can we aplied rights to objects to be searched or not?

Can we denied search documentos for some users?

Thank you

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the rights for Platform Search application. I have never tried it. If you deny the rights for application, you should be able to disable the search.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already tried it, it didn't work.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this link. You cannot disable search for specific users. It was in BO 3.1, but some reason, it was taken out in BO 4.0 and above.