Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maintenance plan with multiple items

mahesh_sappm
Participant
0 Kudos

dear all,

i createdone single cycle plan, 3 month cycle, for 12 months, cycle start date is 1.7.2014

in maintenance item i given 3 equipments because 3 eqp are similar types,

equipment 1... maintenance item489

equipment 2...maintenance item 490

equipment 3...maintenance item 491

schedule done, new call saved,but the problem is three orders opened on same day,1.10.2014

all 3 machines can't do maintenance in one day, production dept also not agree fo rthat, they wont't give machines on same day

my requirement is

i need single cycle plan with three equipments, with delay of 10 days.

1.10.2014---------eqp1-----------------------order 1

11.10.2014-------eqpt2-----------------------order2

21.10.2014-------eqpt3------------------------order3

.                                                                                                              is it possible to reach my senario, if so pls explain me

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Best advice is to have different maintenance plan, in case your call date is different from each other. Go through this thread, it was explained well by Jogeswara.

Regards

Terence

mahesh_sappm
Participant
0 Kudos

thank u for your replay,

for example i shown 3 equipments but actually we have 450 equipments.is there any option

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Its a single Master data, so it will not be a difficult task to work on it. Also its a one time activity, later you can schedule using IP30 as batch job and run daily.

On the other hand, we have strategy based type. Please go through below link and try to relate to your requirement

Maintenance Planning (CS-AG/PM-PRM-MP) - Plant Maintenance (PM) - SAP Library

It will be good, if an equipment is holding single maintenance plan, which will be useful for reporting / maintenance / issue handling etc.

Regards

Terence

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

Consider maintenance plans as a long-term planning tool.

When the orders are created, the planners should then reschdule these orders to fit into your short-term plan.

This way you can keep all your equipment aligned in a single plan.

Individual plans is an option, but it allows for deviations over time - which may not be appropriate.

PeteA

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Mahesh,

Think of a Maintenance Plan as a common schedule; If you create Items for multiple Equipments, they will follow the same cycle, so their maintenance will be executed around the same intervals or their multiples; Their maintenance will be around the same time if you put them on one Plan, unless you  bend over backwards with specific Strategy, Packages & Offsets.

Not worth the hassle, just create multiple Maintenance Plans if that is your requirement.

However, note that a single Plan can simplify the administrative overhead, and even if you have the same call date, it does not necessarily mean the Orders are executed on the same day; A call date and a Basic Date is determined, but you can potentially execute orders within a window between the Basic Start and Basic End, if you use the Lead and Follow-on offset functionality, or you can fine-tune this on the Order level. Have some workshops with your Maintenance & Production department to determine the best way to do this.

Consider a scenario where the maintenance dates diverge (e.g. if you maintain an equipment every 6 months, but for one of those, your maintenance is delayed by 3 months, if you want the next maintenace to be in 6 months and not 3, without influencing the other Equipments, you should also have separate Plans.)