cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple activity types for one cost center and cost element combination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have multiple activity types for labor. I have one cost center- maintenance. Now I can plan for multiple combination of activity types with same cost center and arrive at per hour rate separately per activity type.

But I post the actual cost to only one GL(wages account) and the cost center- 'maintenance'.

Now my planned rate for act type A for maintenance is 10/ HR and act type B for maintenance is 20/HR.

Now assume the actual number of hours confirmed for both is 10 hours and the actual amount posted to wages account is 150. Now the system will arrive at actual per hour rate as 15/Hr. While my planned costs are 10 and 20 per hour since they are skilled and unskilled labors.

And I cannot post the wages to two different accounts.

Please tell me how to handle this, since the actual per hour rate calculated is not proper

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satan

There are 2 ways, I prefer the 1st one

1. Have separate GL accounts for both.

2. Have different UoMs for both act types, say, HR and EA

In Splitting structure (OKES), you can specify a weighing factor of 2:1 for HR : EA

This will split the 150 as 100 and 50 instead of 75 and 75 and you will be act rates as you want

Br, Ajay M

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think Big Choi's solution is the right one.

But for completeness I'd like to present one more option.

In txn. OKKP tick field "AA: Activity Type".

With this setting you can assign actual payroll costs directly to cost centre/activity type. So no splitting is necessary.

Below is SAP doco for this setting:

"

Account Assignment: Activity Type Active

Definition

Controls whether the activity type can be used as an account assignment object for actual postings.

Use

If this indicator is selected, actual primary costs can be assigned directly to the activity type of a cost center.

You can use an activity type as an account assignment object in the following application areas:

• Personnel costs for Payroll Accounting
  • The sender activity type that you entered in the time sheet or for time recording in Time Management (PT) can be passed on to Payroll Accounting (PY) for account assignment of the personnel costs."

Regards,

Szymon

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you plan activity price for the wages, how you calculate activity price for act type A and act type B?

In case of plan, you can consider my opinion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry but I don't understand your question.

Can you please be more precise.

As far as I'm concerned original question was about "actual" postings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

If you can divide wages account’s amount using SKF as number of person, you can define "Splitting Structure" and input SKF as below picture.