cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG-F 7.0 SP01 Edition usage on cost center hierarchy File Upload process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

As we know, upload hierarchy data of cost center group/hierarchy is enabled through MDG-F File Upload function. this has go with an Edition that defines replication timing and valid from date. In my case, I was using "Final Approval of Change Request" as replication timing and 10/01/2014 as valid from. When the upload process is completed, the entire cost center hierarchy tree become available in MDG-F.

From that point on, I added more new cost centers and they needed to go over into the hierarchy. So I created a new edtion with valid from date 10/15/2014 and replication timing "fianl approval of change request" to do cost center hierarchy assignment. Everything seems ok.

5 days later, I wanted to add another a few cost centers and I wanted to put them in the hierarachy too. So I created another new edition with valid from date 10/20/2014 and the same replication timing choice. However I was getting hard error message while I was doing "Process hierarchy for cost center group". The hard error message says that for those new cost center added in 10/15/2014 edition are not in cost center hierarchy.

I think they are actually in cost center hierarchy but they are in 10/15/2014 cost center hierarchy but not in 10/20/2014 hierarchy from MDG-F perspective. Given that, how do I resolve this issue? What will happen if I mark for release and release 10/15/2014 edition? Will the hierarchy data in 10/15/2014 edition automatically go into its late editions regardless of the replication timing choise?

Please advise,

Yaofei

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yao,

check the Cost center Heirarcy is available in ECC,if not you need to check the replication settings.

regards

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Shankar,

I haven't got into ECC yet. the error message is pointing to MDG-F though. Becasue of the error, I even can't save the desired changes to a change request number. 

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please past the screen shot of Error..

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you released your previous editions? If you don't release it data won't come in new edition.

Kiran