cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Groups Display error "Recursiveness due to ***** "

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

The product groups were created manually (MC84) and the members are loaded through a load file. The data loading group accidentally loaded a member name with same name as a group up above ( Example: Group Name "GROUP1" and one of the members name under this group is also as "GROUP1"). When we try to display (MC71) or Change (MC86) it is throwing error saying "Recursiveness due to *****". How to fix this issue?? Its not letting to remove the member underneath it.

Thank You!

Hari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I finally and accidentally found a workaround way to re-organize my product groups. I started deleting all the members under each of the sub groups and eventually sub groups under the main group except the one sub group which has the recursiveness.

Now I can create new set of sub groups and new members under the sub groups.

**** I could not delete the recursive sub group yet *****

Here is the problem and the workaround I am approaching.

I had the Product Group structure as below.

1. MAIN_PRODUCT_GROUP

1. SUB_GROUP1

MEMBER1

MEMBER2

MEMBER3

2. SUB_GROUP2

MEMBER4

MEMBER5

3. SUB_GROUP3

MEMBER6

SUB_GROUP3

MEMBER7

4. SUB_GROUP4

MEMBER8

MEMBER9

My intended change was when I started this thread to delete everything under the 1.MAIN_PRODUCT_GROUP and re-create new set of Sub Groups, I could not open the MAIN_PRODUCT_GROUP in the T-Code MC86, but the sub groups SUB_GROUP1/2/4 were okay. I was/am not able to open/change the SUB_GROUP3 in MC86.

Once I started deleting the members and subgroups, I could go the the MC86 and could open the MAIN_PRODUCT_GROUP and I deleted all the sub groups SUB_GROUP1/2/3/4, now my main product group is clean to create new sub groups. I am still unable to open/change the SUB_GROUP3, now I am still open for ideas to change/delete the SUB_GROUP3.

Thank You all for the suggestions.

-Hari

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

I understand the group got saved. As well surprised how system allowed the same?  Recursion is not allowed in standard PG.

I will try to simulate and let you know. For me it will not allow you to save.

If possible please contact SAP.

Regards,

Krishnendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishnendu,

Thank you for your response. Like I mentioned it is loaded through LSMW load, looks like there is a way of cheating the system through that path, please check how we can come out of this?

What I heard from one of team mates is mark the Product group which is in problem to be marked for deletion and then archive it so that we completely get rid of the Product group name, maybe we may have to do the same for the members underneath it. However I don't have access to archive in the available systems for me, I wonder if you can try this path in your system if you have right accesses.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

You should either delete the entry directly from the table or ask your ABAP consultant to write a small program to delete this entry.

BR

Caetano

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

The data has been stored in a standard table and SAP generally don't give the maintenance access of standard table.

One way you can ask to SAP the reason of that. On other hand ask your ABAP person to change it in debug mode. But in Debug mode, change change is nor recommended by SAP and not in favor of Audit also.

Now you have to take the decision .

Regards,

Krishnendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Caetano and Krishnendu. I will try talking to ABAP consultant and see what he can do on this issue.

I greatly appreciate your help.

Thank You!

Hari

jagamohandas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

System will prevent you from creating the same product group name twice.

Are you creating the product group from MM01 transaction or MC84?

Seems to be an data issue.You might need to clean the table and reload.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jagamohan,

Thank you for your response. What is the path to clean the table, I haven't done this before, can you please give me little more details.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Hari

Technically speaking, the standard transactions should not allow you to create a recursive product group. The following error message is triggered, in order to avoid such kind of inconsistency:

Message no. MA231 - Product group TST_PP_CA_PG02 in plant 1000 causes recursion

So the question here is how are you creating such product groups? If you are running a custom program or a direct input on table PGMI, then you must correct the entry direclty on the table.

Best regards

Caetano Almeida

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Caetano,

Thank you for your response. Yes, I agree when we try to add a child with same name as parent, system will show error message. However my data team managed to create a same name child as parent through LSMW data load object. The fact is we have a "Recursiveness due to .. " Error, how do we come out of it.

It is in preprod environment so correcting directly on the table (no access) is not a possible choice.