cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CrystalDecisions not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm new to calling Crystal Reports from within an application.  For starters, I am using a Windows 8.1 Pro OS with Visual Studio 2013 on it.  I am writing a simple test web application in ASP.Net/C# which should have one button on it to call the sample report.  I have downloaded the free 30-day trial of CR 2013 and created a simple test report.  I have also been directed (by SAP) to install a developer's package from the SAP website:

Installation package which installs the software into the Visual Studio IDE.

SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio.

When I went to install this exe, it told me that it was for Visual Studio 2010 and not 2013 (which is what I have).  I asked a CR support person (non technical but I assumed asked or looked up answer) about this and they said it should still work.  Is this true?

The code I have seen online that appears to do what I want it to do references a namespace:

using CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine;

After installing the developer's version, CrystalDecisions does not appear to be automatically available.  Do I need to add a reference (if so what is it and how do I add this?) or is the Developer software I downloaded incompatible with my Visual Studio 2013 or simply not the correct one?

Message was edited by: David Chudik  I did go into add a reference and nothing with CrystalDecisions was there.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi David,

Your version of VS must not be Express, MS does not support Plug-ins in ay Express Versions of VS.

If it is Pro or higher then on the Tool Bar add the CR Viewer onto your Form:

Your References should now show the Engine and Shared CR Assemblies. Framework must be full and not Client setting and set your CPU to x86 or X64 ( depending on which Web project you select )

And please read the Warnings on download page:

Please note: To integrate "SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio" into VS 2010 or 2012 (SP 7 and higher) or VS 2013 (SP 9 or higher), you must run the Install Executable. Running the MSI will not fully integrate Crystal Reports into VS. MSI files by definition are for runtime distribution only.

Note 2: SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET does NOT support Express Editions of any version of Visual Studio .NET.

WARNING: Please refer to Knowledge Base article 2007224 for more info on configuring WEB Applications in Visual Studio 2013.

Don

Answers (0)